Weight loss question

Options
First of all I'm short, like would still use a car seat if I were a kid (4'9") short. In December of 2013 (starting weight 267) I began to make some major changes in my life. I was already careful with what I ate, but I added working out with a Fitness Professional 4x a week. She does a fantastic job and I soon began seeing results. In a little over a year I've lost 64 pounds and about 35 inches. The reason for my post is this. I keep having people who either are bigger than me or have never been overweight tell me, "You know, you will have a lot of extra skin once you are finished losing weight." I not only find this statement very discouraging but am curious, is this always the case? I mean, if I am working my butt off and things are shrinking all over am I really going to have that much ugly going on? I know I'm not going to be a V.S. model. I get that. But talk about a slap in the face. You try to say words don't bother you, but they do. I'm not a vein person, I promise. However, I do wonder in the next 50-60 pounds with intense working out am I still going to be blegh no matter what I do?

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Skin re-tightening can be achieved by lifting weights while losing weight

Also, a lot of it is genetic too, so try not to be too discouraged.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Deal with that bridge when you come to it. Focus now on your success-- don't talk yourself NOW into a failure that may never occur!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Genetics doesn't make us equal when it comes to skin. Most of my friends got extreme stretch marks while pregnant. I was afraid of that, but I didn't get a single one. Just because other people have excess skin after they lose weight doesn't mean that you will. But if you do, there are ways to deal with it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Deal with that bridge when you come to it. Focus now on your success-- don't talk yourself NOW into a failure that may never occur!
    And this too!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Thank you. You all make valid points. I'm definitely not giving up. I do like where I'm headed. This is all just new territory and wasn't sure if it's a "sure thing" or just a possibility.