Seriously HC?

Options
99rgvcd5u397.jpg

I had to tweet this to HC as well. Go in and like the tweet so that they get the point. This is just one reason why we are better off making our own food.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    was that 2nd pic post cooking? or precooking...if post..that's just nasty.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need to blame your microwave instead.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Eh?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hilarious.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Looks better if you take it out of the pack and present it on a plate.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Looks better if you take it out of the pack and present it on a plate.

Even if you did, that lily white chicken breast is not going to brown up in a microwave.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought a freezer meal in awhile. ...I think I'll continue avoiding them. That is a sad plate of inedible looking food.
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What's really sad is that for not much more money you can buy chicken tenders, beans, carrots, potatoes and some fruit and make many meals instead of just one. Chicken tenders you can usually pan fry within 10 minutes - they're the long pole in the tent. Beans and carrots are actually OK with being nuked for a minute or so. Similarly, a small potato can be microwaved for a couple minutes (don't forget to poke holes in it first!). Or you could simply substitute rice or pasta at the cost of a few more minutes. Fruit is washed and eaten raw. Voila! A meal for the whole family in 10-20 minutes vs. buying multiple HC meals and cooking them one at a time.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I used to eat these everyday.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is why they are definitely not my Choice. It's about taste and what's satisfying.

One of the best purchases I've made in this process is my tupperware which makes it really easy to pack and bring lunches.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Did you eat half the chicken? Where are you supposed to get 18g protein from? Ewwww
  • chwillia1
    chwillia1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    was that 2nd pic post cooking? or precooking...if post..that's just nasty.

Post cooking...ready to eat! yum!
  • chwillia1
    chwillia1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So gross! I will admit that my 'Café Steamer' Healthy choice mushroom something or another was actually pretty good today. I need to be better about making my lunches but I have always been a go out to lunch person so it is tough to get in to preparing ahead.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Gross gross gross.....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think you need a new microwave….
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I always found HC to be the grossest of the light frozen meals. Actually there were never many that I could stomach - the Weight Watchers Pizza, and Amy's black bean enchiladas were it. And I hate cooking lol.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Blech. I used to eat a ton of frozen stuff too- I figured at least you knew what a serving size was, and it was easy. But at some point I just ODed on them, and just couldn't stomach them anymore. The only frozen meal I like now are those Anne's burritos. Thank God I learned to cook.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NASTY.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth documenting. Good call. Gotta agree with peter56765. When I'm counting calories, I want each one to taste good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    What's really sad is that for not much more money you can buy chicken tenders, beans, carrots, potatoes and some fruit and make many meals instead of just one. Chicken tenders you can usually pan fry within 10 minutes - they're the long pole in the tent. Beans and carrots are actually OK with being nuked for a minute or so. Similarly, a small potato can be microwaved for a couple minutes (don't forget to poke holes in it first!). Or you could simply substitute rice or pasta at the cost of a few more minutes. Fruit is washed and eaten raw. Voila! A meal for the whole family in 10-20 minutes vs. buying multiple HC meals and cooking them one at a time.

@peter56765 Regarding not poking holes in the potato before microwaving
    ..what's that about, I mean what happens if one does? I'd never heard that before
    and am always up to learn. TIA