Day 29.. Slow & steady wins the race

Options
I'm the kind of person who is motivated by results and unfortunately I've come to realise that MFP is a 'slow & steady wins the race' type diet plan. However this isn't a negative - I've realised this within my first 4 weeks and know not to expect a huge weight loss every time I step on the scales.

Need. To. Keep. Motivated.

Replies

• jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Check out some of the awesome and inspirational success stories. That's some motivation right there!!! Like you said slow and steady. The slower you lose the more likely you are to keep it off. Stick with it! MFP WILL work!
  • cshankes
    cshankes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady weight loss will help you keep the weight off. I am looking at this process as a lifestyle and not a diet, because I want to learn how not only to lose the weight but to keep it off once I do.
  • monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks both. You're right it's a lifestyle change. I've always hated change haha, that's probably why I'm struggling. I've always liked to see results quickly, so tend to get bored if it takes too long. Most people I speak to say the same - the slower you lose the easier it is to keep off. FANTASTIC as I'm losing it very slowly.

I'll have a look at success stories and photos when I feel demotivated ☺️
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady works. It worked for me 90lbs and 40 inches lost...and still off. Just take it one day at a time and don't set crazy goals. I was able to keep my head in the game by saying "this month I will loose 5lbs" instead of saying "i have 90lbs to loose" that seemed much easier for me to look at it like that. Good luck! You can do it!
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Turtles are awesome! It has to be deep change in habits and lifestyle or we'll always be starting over.