Resource for Dumbbell Workout?

I do a lot of cycling and dog walking and I've just started C25K. I've realised that I'm not really doing any upper body work.

I don't have access to a gym nor the space for big weights so the best I can do is dumbbell work, which we have a set of already. Can anyone recommend a good DVD (I'm in the UK) or online resource for a training programme using dumbbells?

Replies

• trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    HI,
    This is the one I am currently working from
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

I don't have a pull up bar so do the dumbell row again on Day 3 (Friday). I am not using very heavy weights but can still see a difference.

:happy:
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Fitness blender on youtube has some great workout videos. They also have a website and you can browse for what you're looking for specifically. Good luck!!
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Menshealth.com has a number of articles on body weight only workouts. And several with just dumbells.

Just remember, start slow, give your joints and tendons time to get stronger- they take longer than muscles. Always stretch - After!.
  • stefisdeadgood
    stefisdeadgood Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for the link. I'm buying some dumbbells tomorrow and will probably use this as a guide. :-)
    HI,
    This is the one I am currently working from
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

I don't have a pull up bar so do the dumbell row again on Day 3 (Friday). I am not using very heavy weights but can still see a difference.

:happy:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Beachbody.com

I love Chalean Extreme. All the videos have US accents if it's something you want to know.
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Bump
  • ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you all for your replies :-)

I'll have a look at the resources mentioned and see which one works for me. My back's been playing up and my chiropractor recommended some upper body work to get my shoulder blades moving.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    I do a lot of cycling and dog walking and I've just started C25K. I've realised that I'm not really doing any upper body work.

I don't have access to a gym nor the space for big weights so the best I can do is dumbbell work, which we have a set of already. Can anyone recommend a good DVD (I'm in the UK) or online resource for a training programme using dumbbells?

I'm the same as you, lots of cardio,walking with dogs, and I'm also doing C25K but haven't done much upper body work at all. Plus I'd like to start doing weights to increase my weight loss. I'm not ready to join a gym, nor do i have the cash for it, so I'll be checking out a few of these links as well. Thanks for posting!