Please help!!

So I started a new healthy clean eating diet and have done well so far. What I am struggling with is logging into my fitness pal and correctly calculating how many calories I should be eating based on my workouts. When I put a goal and of losing 1 pound per week, it is saying my goal calories is 1500 per day. I also have a fit bit and log my exercise. The equation at the top of my daily MFP diary is saying my goal is 1500 cal minus my calorie is taken in (which today is around 2000) and then it subtracts my exercise calories which is around 500 to equal 0.

Does that sound correct for weight loss and am I logging correctly and understanding this correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Enable negative calorie adjustments.
  • Marcib4480
    Marcib4480 Posts: 7 Member
    What do you mean?
  • Kaitou
    Kaitou Posts: 50 Member
    Marcib4480 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

It lets your Fitbit tell MFP when it estimates you've burned more calories than that. Say your Fitbit knows you walked 5 miles and must have burned 2200 calories--it can tell MFP that. Same with if your Fitbit thinks you've only burned 900.

I think that's what that option if for anyway...
  • Marcib4480
    Is that a setting somewhere?
  • Kaitou
    Kaitou Posts: 50 Member
    You can find it under Settings < Diary settings <Calorie Adjustments
  • Marcib4480
    As long as you are talking about in my fitness pal, I see settings, diary settings but do not see calorie adjustments