Options
Tanira17
Tanira17 Posts: 15 Member
Really want to get in shape but I'm lacking the motivation :(

Replies

• teej520
    teej520 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanira17. I just signed up today. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist who recommended this app. I really need to loose weight but am sooo not motivated also...
    Teej520
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that! But you know the saying, "fake it till you make it"? You don't always have to be full of motivation at first. If you can just grit your teeth and get started, the motivation might kick in later when you start feeling/looking better. :)
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    List your reasons for losing weight, list your goals (start off small), get prepared for the week ahead (grocery shopping, meals prep, organise your work out times)

I look at this as some thing i HAVE to do, its not an option any more, if i dont get my *kitten* together and lose weight im going to just keep gaining and my life will be unbearable !
    Forget motivation, just do what you have to do to get the results you need and want !
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I can relate to that! But you know the saying, "fake it till you make it"? You don't always have to be full of motivation at first. If you can just grit your teeth and get started, the motivation might kick in later when you start feeling/looking better. :)

^This is how it's done. If you do it anyway, even without exercise, once you realize that it actually works, you'll have a lightbulb moment. You'll be so about it that your friends and co-workers won't want to be around you anymore because you won't shut up about this amazing cell phone app that is helping you lose weight while they're stuck low-carbing and skipping meals. That's been my experience, anyway.

• Tanira17
    Tanira17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Very helpful, especially since I read these first thing this morning. Has my mind on the right track early. I appreciate it!