Predict DON'T Hope

Options
Hempshake1
Hempshake1 Posts: 5
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
My success story is not complete nor is it anything compared to others on here I am sure. I would like to relay a few items I learned over the last year. I'm 38 6'1" I should be 185-190, I was 227 until 50 days ago. Now 210.

Last summer I started a get in shape campaign. Goal was to improve my diet and workout. I ran 4 miles and swam a mile about 5x per week. That is a massive workout in my book and my net calories lost was easy 1000. Still I lost only 3 pounds in 9 months. I just started using this app AND using my brain and I lost 17 pounds in 50ish days.

This app is really cool and helped me a ton. I'm crushing green vegetables, peppers, onions, carrots, and brussel sprouts like they are going out of style. Some evenings I am eating so much volume in food I am about to explode. I am doing some intermittent fasting here and there and this allows me to have two massive dinners.

This app taught me I needed to predict my weight and not to hope I lost weight. It also taught me that there was ZERO chance I would lose weight with the beer I was drinking. It took me 3 weeks of using this app until I just forgot about beer completely. I saw how screwed I was by drinking and it finally just pissed me off enough until I had enough. Hell, I can put back 1000 calories in beer working late at home in 2 hours. Nothing like a 1000 calories you don't need before bed. I would have thought I'd miss the beer, but I don't miss it at all. If you put down 5+ beers per day you have no chance losing weight. I was doing this and burning 1000 calories 5x per week for 9 months. Only positive thing is my physical conditioning improved and I got so fkin pissed off I found this app and then I quit the beer. I'm the polar opposite now. I'm clobbering hemp protein shakes now...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!