Trying to lose pregnancy weight

Options
hey my names Jennifer and I had my first baby 4 months ago. I would like to start having a healthier lifestyle and lose the baby weight. I also realized its way harder for me to lose the weight than before baby. so if anyone has any tips, ideas or great meal plans or exercises for losing weight after having a baby would be great. :)

Replies

• elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint, take it slow and steady, focus on your macros (protein especially). Swimming is a great low impact full body work out, heavy lifting (free weights) will help to cut your body fat while retaining muscle.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    As a mum to two I don't have a lot of (or any) time to dedicate solely to exercise, so I try to average 10,000 steps a day by walking the kids to the park/shops/etc. also, if you're breastfeeding remember to take that into account with your calories: 500 extra for exclusive breastfeeding. Also, while for some people breastfeeding means weight falls off, for others it can actually make it harder (hello!), so cut yourself a real if that's the case, it may take longer than you'd like.
    Sleep deprivation can also totally stuff up your metabolism, so if you have a bad sleeper, again, understand that your body might not do exactly what you want just yet. Try to grab a nap when baby's napping, if you can.
    Feel free to friend me, I'm here to lose baby weight too, my youngest is 9 months old now
  • LDunham04
    LDunham04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me! I'm a stay at home mom of a two yr old. I had 50+ to lose. I'm down 25 and have 35 to go. Baby weight is so hard to lose. I feel your pain! Let's do this together!