Had a cheat . . . 2 weeks?!?!

Options
Hi All - This is my very first MFP post, but hopefully not my last. I'm 24, and have been yo-yo dieting for about the last 7 or 8 years. About a month ago, my family suggested to me I just get gastric bypass, claiming I have tried losing weight so many times before and haven't been successful. While I would never consider this option, for some reason, these concerns/suggestions from my family really set my butt in gear more than ever before, and I decided I MUST stop dieting, and change the way I live.

I did well for the first two weeks, and then my boyfriend of 4 years informed me he has accepted a position at a different part of his company, which requires him to move very far away, and he will be moving in 2 weeks. We broke up, and I replaced my sadness with a dog, and with food.

I spent the last 2 weeks binge eating every unhealthy food item I can find. Finally today I decided I've had enough time to use food as a tool to comfort myself, and I need to learn how to deal with problems without going to town on Swiss Cake Rolls. So I went through the kitchen and tossed out all of the unhealthy crap, went grocery shopping, and then threw on my sneakers and took my dog on a very, very, very long walk. Then I stepped on the scale. I've officially gained back all of the weight I had lost in the first two weeks. I guess I am at least relieved I'm not HEAVIER than when I started.

I could really use some support from all of you out there who have had bad days, weeks, and months.

Replies

• seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Life throws ups and downs at you, you just need to be prepared for the unexpected :)

Don't worry about the weight you've put back on after you lost it. You lost it once, and you can do it again. Good for you throwing out all the junk. A bit of junk food every now and again isn't a bad thing, though. Helps you keep your sanity if you're bored of clean foods. I have a feeling you'll do great and will reach whatever goals you are aiming for.

Feel free to add me if you have any questions about anything :)