how much time

Options
tigz4
tigz4 Posts: 21 Member
how much time is every one allowing for exercise a day? or is it best to exercise every other day. whats best for results?

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    3-4 hours as the walk to the gym is about 35-45 minutes each way (depends what speed I'm walking)
  • alibeec75
    alibeec75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm short on time but I try to squeeze in 20 to 25 minutes each day. A quick run, a power walk with the dog...using some small weights I have at home. Anything I can slip in before work, at lunch or between my kids evening activities.

I find being consistent works for me.

• IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    depends on what I'm doing.
    If I do 5x5, I rest about 5 minutes between reps, so I'm normally at the gym for about 2-2.5 hours .. (including warmup/cooldown)..
    If i do high reps/low (30 second) rest sets, I normally finish in about an hour (including warmup/cooldown).
    I hit the gym about 5 or 6 times a week.
    If I do cardio, generally 30 minutes once a week.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I can only manage 30mins in the evening for actual excercise. If I am lucky I get in a 20min walk or two as well. I am trying to do the 30min excercise 6 times a week at the moment, but it doesn't always work out.
  • Franklin1959J
    Franklin1959J Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have found bike riding as my daily exercise, I do between 25-35 miles every day now and have lost 101 lbs. it takes me 1:45 mins
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    how much time is every one allowing for exercise a day?
    Between zero and 4 hours. Will increase to 6 hours as I'm training for some long distance cycling events. Strength training typically one hour.

or is it best to exercise every other day.
    Depends on your goals, capabilities and type(s) of training.

whats best for results?
    Define "results"?
    For me it's to focus my training towards my particular goals and also to enjoy it.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dont compare yourself to others, your only aim is to improve from wahtever level you are at now. 5 minutes one day ten minsutes the next, if you build up slowly and are consistent, then you cna achieve great things.

In the beginning all movement helps, so start with walking.
    If you are going to the gym, then id probably go for at least 3x a week, mixed cardio and resistance.

Pace yourself and build up gradually. I make sure I walk at least 20 minutes a day in everyday life. I go to the gym a lot , several times a week, but remember to incorporate adequate rest. Any gym training is as much about what you do as well as duration and intensity in addition to how many times you might do it.

Here are the NHS guidelines on physical activity in general
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Documents/adults-19-64-years.pdf
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Allocate as much time as you want to / can to exercise. I try to do a workout of approx. 45 mins per day and a bit more at weekends with addition of a couple of 20+ mile bide rides. I have a job and two boys so it's more about time management than what I would like. I would love to spend all morning every morning in the gym but that isn't an option for me. Work out what time you have and use that!