Need some Advice

Options
For the past few months i have been working out and loosing weight… yesterday i had half a bag of sun chips and pistachios and almonds. I NEVER DO THAT EVER !!!!! I always eat healthy and workout daily, i am feeling very guilty. Today i am on a strict diet and going to the gym after work. Any advice on what to do?

Replies

• InForTheWin87
    Options
    Don't worry about it, it's a one off! As long as you ain't doing it every day it should be fine.
  • domidatt
    domidatt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you don't think I'm going to gain weight ?
  • bepaz10
    bepaz10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day and are you allowing yourself to eat favorite foods? I know from experience that when I over-restrict myself, I eventually crash and burn- binge eat. Maybe if you aren't so strict with your eating, you will not have the urge to do that again.

Good luck!
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Stick to your regular routine - hit your normal macros and exercise as you normally would; don't go out of your way to try to compensate for yesterday.. just make sure it doesn't happen too often. :)
    hope you enjoyed it!! :D;)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wow, a few crisps and nuts aren't going to ruin your diet! You have to eat an extra 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat.

If you like those foods, then work them into your calories, you don't have to cut them out completely. (I always thought nuts were meant to be pretty healthy anyway lol)
  • domidatt
    Options
    It was binge eating… i crashed and burned.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    domidatt wrote: »

Half a bag doesn't sound like binge eating to me, unless the bag was HUGE.

Either way, just ignore it and move on. Even if you did manage to eat enough calories to put some weight back on, it doesn't really matter. Just lose it again like you already have done. And besides it's good to have a break from dieting once in a while, whether it's for one meal or one day.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Maybe it's a sign that you're a bit over obsessed with eating 'Healthy' and your diet is too strict. Food is neither good nor bad and sometimes restricting to so called healthy foods can cause more issues. Where as teaching yourself to have the occasional chips in moderation may be more sustainable. Also since when were pistachios unhealthy?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,827 Member
    Options
    New account just for the post? (Showing zero weight loss vs a few months?)

Anyway. How many nuts did you eat? How many chips? And what does whether you're going to gain weight have to do with anything?

Log it so that you know what you've eaten and why/how your weight was affected.

Forget it because it is done and it is now irrelevant.

Are you about to agonize over every bag of chips or pizza you've ever eaten? So what's the point of agonizing over this.

Move on with your normal plan.

I mean, hello, are you never going to stuff up, or over eat or under exercise or over exercise for the rest of your life? Are you on a "diet"?

The problem starts when stuffing up becomes a pattern that consistently derails your efforts

Or if you think you're on a diet with an end date and permission to go back to your old habits.

And btw, what's your deficit? Because if it is too large you're setting yourself up for break downs....

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Work some treat foods into your normal eating plan - whether it's daily, one or two days a week, etc.

Yesterday I had a 20 oz bottle of Dr Pepper for the first time in forever. I have avoided soda for a long time because I don't like to sacrifice the calories for it. But it hit the spot, and I still ended the day under my calorie goal, and met most of my macros for the day.

Sometimes when I'm driving a lot, I need to have some coca-cola and something salty like pretzels to settle my stomach. I look for the 8.5 oz can of coke, and I pay attention to how many pretzels I eat.

And if I weigh "more" the next day, I understand that it is probably due to water retention thanks to the increased sodium from the day before - I drink some extra water then to flush it out.

Don't worry about it. If you like those foods - work them in. :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Only if the bag was the size of a pillowcase.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on, and make sure you aren't restricting too much. There's nothing wrong with eating things like that in moderation (I have a bag of Sun Chips myself, and I weigh out a serving when I eat them then close it up).
  • domidatt
    Options
    It was the normal sized bag, not snack size next size.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

One salad won't make you skinny and one bag of chips won't make you fat. Stop punishing yourself and move on.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Log it and move on.

Yup.

ETA this...

One salad won't make you skinny and one bag of chips won't make you fat. Stop punishing yourself and move on.

/thread
  • domidatt
    Options
    ok, thank you everyone ! I am feeling a tad bit better of what i did.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    For the past few months i have been working out and loosing weight… yesterday i had half a bag of sun chips and pistachios and almonds. I NEVER DO THAT EVER !!!!! I always eat healthy and workout daily, i am feeling very guilty. Today i am on a strict diet and going to the gym after work. Any advice on what to do?

I encourage to take a step back and to look at the whole picture.

There is nothing wrong the food you ate. Buy a food scale and measure out that portion, but that bag away, and enjoy. Make sure it fits in your calorie goals.

Also, "strict dieting" as a mindset does not work, because it generally means you are depriving yourself of certain foods, and sometimes valuable calories as well.

It's okay that you ate more than you had intended to. It happens. Throw that guild right out the window, carry on with your day as usual, and don't beat yourself up.

Finally, hang in there. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Only if the bag was the size of a pillowcase.

LOL. That's cute.