Favorite sneaker brand for running?

Options
What is your favorite shoe to run in and why?

I first ran in asics which cost me $120. They were great. I recently purchased saucony ignition 5's for $35 on clearance!! And I think so far they are even better!

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Different brands (and models of shoes) suit different people. It depends on your gait, foot width etc. For example I love asics but Adidas don't suit me. My neighbour could say the exact opposite. If you plan on doing lots of running go to a proper running store to get fitted for your first pair. Brand/colour etc shouldn't matter as long as they fit you properly.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Saucony's that i like a lot
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I was in Delaware recently and hit the Nike outlet. I got an awesome pair of running shoes for $50 and another pair that I haven't run in yet for $40. I used to run in Brooks, but they are a bit too narrow for me across the top of my foot.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just bought Adidas on the recommendation of a friend...got them at Winner's for 40$ so I bought 2 pair.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My favorite shoes are the ones that are best for my feet and stride, not which ones are best for my wallet.
  • rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a moderate over pronator and find that Asics suit me best (Kayano Gel range). I do a mix of treadmill, road, off road and find that they feel ok and don't lose grip on any.

I have tried off the shelf Nike and Adidas and both felt horrible. I also tried Brooks range for over-pronators but switched back to Asics pretty quickly.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Nothing feels right on my feet except Mizunos.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I prefer New Balance because they seem to fit me well and they are the only major athletic shoe still made in the USA.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I am a heavy guy and I like Brooks Beast
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm currently running in Asics and I love them.

But I also got fitted for them at a specialty running store. I think finding the right fit for your gait is more important than the brand per se.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I alternate between wearing my Puma Tazon 5 NM's and Vibram Seeya LS's, I love them both though.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I prefer Brooks
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My favorite shoes are the ones that are best for my feet and stride, not which ones are best for my wallet.

which is great if you are a competitive runner..which I believe you are...and if you can afford what best fits your feet.

just sayin'....

I personally bought mine because they did feel good on my feet, price was great so bought two pair....and if I don't like running they will be good for walking.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The right shoe for you is the most important thing. Ask anyone who had the wrong shoes and ended up in pain because of them whether they thought the bargain shoes were really a good bargain. I'm a neutral runner and my first pair of running shoes bought at Famous Footwear caused knee pain. Turns out they were stability shoes I didn't need.

I've been running in Mizunos since then because I like the way they fit.