15 Days; No weight change

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Assuming you meant to put nothing in your post, I'll go by your title...

2 weeks isn't really long enough to start worrying, so just keep at it! If you see no change in a month then you might want to examine what you're doing to see if you're doing something wrong.

That said, make sure you weigh everything in grams with a food scale so you know exactly what you're eating. If you're eating back your exercise calories and using the MFP estimations or the estimations on gym machines you might want to eat back 50-80% of your exercise calories they tend to overestimate.

If you give more information people can give more specific advice!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2015
    as above says plus weight can stall - I find usually on week 3 you get a whoosh :smile:
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    15 Days; Maintenance calories
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Not long enough. Go for 4-6 weeks then reassess.
  • run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member

2 weeks isn't really long enough to start worrying, so just keep at it! If you see no change in a month then you might want to examine what you're doing to see if you're doing something wrong.

That said, make sure you weigh everything in grams with a food scale so you know exactly what you're eating. If you're eating back your exercise calories and using the MFP estimations or the estimations on gym machines you might want to eat back 50-80% of your exercise calories they tend to overestimate.

Yeah I've noticed that MFP gives realllly generous calorie burn amounts for exercise. I know this isnt' my post but I'll take that advice too :)
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    There is a lot that could be causing your weight loss delay. Only you know what that could be. I suggest that for the next week, you consistently post all your meals to mfp, and log all your activities. Then go over the info you have gathered and see if 1. you are eating enough calories? 2. Are you getting enough protein? 3. Are you drinking at least 8 cups of water a day? 4. Are you getting the proper nutrition each day and where are you lacking.
    If you aren't logging enough time in exercise then you aren't burning enough to lose weight
    If you are spending a lot of time in the gym, burning over 1000 calories a day, then you need to think about adding calories back to your eating schedule.
    I was doing that and quit losing weight for a while. I talked to the people on here and to my health coach and dr. and they all said I was not eating enough. I was actually sending my body a message that I was starving. So I added between meal snacks (fruit, or some protein) and then I doubled the protein portions at meals.
    If you are thinking you might be retaining fluids or have been having digestive issues, there are a number of things you can do to relieve this problem and get some relief. Here's a great article from wikihow that helped me.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Drop-Water-Weight
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Someone told you that you weren't eating enough to lose weight?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member

This exactly.

Took me a good three weeks last month to get another 0.5lbs loss, but I was just trugging along and I knew I was losing inches.