My BOYFRIEND is SUPER FIT and IM NOT

Options
LesieliSky
LesieliSky Posts: 26 Member
Woman with a super fit marathon running S/O (Trying to lose weight with MFP and prep for my first 5K b1o48a05kepz.jpg Goal: To live and enjoy a healthier, younger feeling, beautiful me from here on out

Replies

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Join the club... :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    dump him until he plumps up seems the answer.
  • knp519
    knp519 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haha same here. My husband coaches track and field, and cross county and runs every single day. I'm just working towards my first 5k.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Easy: Get at his level...seriously. No sarcasm. Go work out with him as often as you can, eat right and do cardio.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dump him until he plumps up seems the answer.
    Duh!

ETA: Sorry, OP, but is there something on your nose?!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.

Hasn't this same thread happened before?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ok
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Good luck to you.

Could be said about almost every thread ahaha

Daily cycles
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Good luck to you.

Could be said about almost every thread ahaha

Daily cycles

I'm normally in the chit chat forums so I wouldn't know if these people are spamming the same threads
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: What the heck?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Love the pic. :D Good luck on your journey.
  • cvin0110
    cvin0110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Haha - I hear ya. My BF is a climber so he's all thin and sinewy, while I'm nice and curvaceous (especially 'round the middle). I used to feel sort of intimidated by the difference in our physiques, but turns out he can't do as many diamond push-ups as me. Win for the girl team!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Uhh it's my dream to be with an active partner, consider yourself very lucky. Definitely workout together or at least have him get you started and introduce you to some routines. It's such a powerful bonding experience for a couple to have the same fitness goals because frankly you are sharing the same lifestyle. Good luck!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eh at my house it's the opposite...I am into fitness, weights, health, potentially running this summer...not so much my husband (and he is younger by 10 years) he isn't big by any means but he is "softer" than he was 5 years ago....we don't care...yet.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's a big picture. I can almost make out your pores.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Then workout with him?
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This used to be me 10 years ago..... My how the tables have turned! I started out jogging secretly because I was embarrassed how I couldn't keep up with him. I literally couldn't even run for 30 seconds back then. Then one day I asked him if he wanted to go for a run and I whooped his butt lol. It sounds like he is a positive influence on you though!
    Also, we always seem to have some really nice "fun time" after running together, so that might be some extra motivation for you too!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Was the same here, my man actually did an iron man and was big into triathlon when we met. Now he doesn´t spend as much time anymore (stopped triathlon) on that but is still fit. Sometimes when he ran, I joined him by bike.

I also got a bit fitter and got him into lifting :-)
  • LesieliSky
    LesieliSky Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I am fortunate to have him. He makes me want to be more and do more (physically) I just need to get over my insecurities and continue working on myself (in every aspect) btw There's nothing on my nose lol. And NO I'm not reposting an old thread. I'm still somewhat new on here so I haven't really looked around in the forum. Thank you all for your responses though. It's been interesting and challenging doing this. Hopefully this sticks
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hahahah. It's the exact opposite here. I've always been into physical activity; ballet, martial arts, weights, you name it. And my partner, well.... he sometimes lifts heavy books, I guess? He is very tell and lithe and delicate and I can easily pin him down and have him writhe.

But yeah. We choose who we choose, and we choose them for a reason. Trust in that.