I can so totally do this

Options
deeterly
deeterly Posts: 2 Member
I've reached the point of disgust again...and that tells me it is time to get serious... I did some basic math today I subtracted my first goal weight from my current weight and decided that to meet that goal I have to lose 69 pounds...then I wondered if it was even possible by the end of the year...we have 38 weeks left...SO TOTALLY POSSIBLE! 69/38 = 1.8 pounds a week...I've got the ability to do this and the only thing that can get in the way is negativity...this is literally Going to be a case of putting mind and will over matter! Good luck to all on this journey!

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Setting time limits on weight loss is a BAD idea. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment the first week you lose less than 1.8lbs. And actually the lighter you are the slower you will loose so when you get closer to goal it will take much longer.

I'm not saying to not put your all into it, but don't get discouraged if the weight doesn't come off as fast as you want it to.

My advice to you is to develop healthy, sustainable habits, and in result of those habits weight loss will happen. Slow and steady - you'll be the new you before you know it!
  • deeterly
    deeterly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I have tried many goals to a healthier lifestyle over the course of my life, and I realize that there will always be variables that come into play that can interfere with a weightloss goal. My objective here is to set achievable short and long range goals, 2 pounds a week is very healthy & doable as an average...understanding that some weeks you may lose more, some weeks you may stagnate and some weeks you may gain. I'm not setting a deadline I'm motivating myself with goals.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    losing weight isn't the key to happiness, happiness is the key to losing weight. Just keep a positive attitude, you bite it, you write it mindset, and move every day. You will get there :-)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The point is that the more weight you lose the harder it gets.

yes when you start you can lose 2 pounds a week Specially when you are obese or extremely obese.

But when you come into the overweight range and closer to your goal weight it slows down.... a lot!

Just take it one step at the time. Start your weight loss journey and dont set time lines.

I know i didn't and never will. I just stop when i feel happy with my weight.
  • amandaelizabeth81
    amandaelizabeth81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!
    You have a great attitude - just focus and stay motivated :smile:
    Good luck!!
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!
    You have a great attitude - just focus and stay motivated :smile:
    Good luck!!

This!!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb on rates of loss I start with 1lb a week. Dont forget your weight loss will slow the less you have to lose. I say that not becayse its massively accurate, but becayse its important to manage your expectations. You cna lose at that rate but be prepared to work hard for it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Please don't get discouraged when the scale doesn't move sometimes. It will start again if you stick to your plan and keep logging. Sometimes you may have to make adjustments, but you will figure it out. Slow and steady.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on weight loss/gain is never set the bar too high. Set a realistic, achievable goal such as 5 lbs and aim for that. When you get there you will feel a real sense of having succeeded. Then set another goal of a further 5 lbs and keep working away at small bite sized amounts that you can see yourself reaching. The larger the amount, the further away it always seems, especially if you are going through tough times, which we invariably do:)