Finding time

Options
Finding time to run is the worse for me. I work 7 to 4, 2 kids, a VERY demanding husband and just flat out no time. I was getting up at 3:30 a.m. to run but not going to bed until 11 p.m. so not getting the right amount of sleep. I only get 30 minutes for lunch, so by the time I scarf down what I'm having for the day it's time to go back to work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Supermom883
    Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    your life sounds like mine but i have 3 kids. I work 8-5 monday through friday what i do is i get off work go get kids from day care and then i get on the treadmill for 45 min to an hour. I make sure my 7 year old is doing her homework and i put my 4 year old in the hallway with an activity and my 3 year old watches me work out on my bed and plays on my ipad. if my husband is home he will hang with them for an hour and then ill take over after i work out and then he will work out for an hour. I make sure i stick to this monday through friday and then on the weekend i dont work out. this has been working for us.
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids in all, I kind of started all over, what was I thinking..lol I had a treadmill but when we moved I had no room to put it. I've been doing things to increase my steps, like parking as far as I can get away from the store I'm going to and walking to the mailbox instead of stopping in the car. I'm just going to have to buckle down and do it.
  • shelliengw
    shelliengw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Maybe you can incorporate working out with your family. Racing with your kids or dancing.
  • Michelle4588
    Michelle4588 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My 9 year old would think that's awesome, my 13 year old however I can't unglue from her "oh my life sucks" stage. I seriously have to keep an eye on her.