Seeing myself as I am: I'm fat!!

Options
MagnoliaNY
MagnoliaNY Posts: 2,049 Member
And believe me, I didn't always saw myself as "fat" because most of the time, when I close my eyes, I'm there, slim. It's like I'm a slim girl trap in a fat suit. Thinking like that have lead me to where I am now. Needing to lose 55 lbs. I've once in 2010 lost 65lbs on my own, watching my calorie intake and exercising but fall off the wagon with that same mentality, "You're slim now, you don't have to watch what you're eating" I know it ain't gonna be easy, because when I do something, I want results NOW, I know I'll need patience and motivation but I also know that having such a great support here and supporting others while sharing my story will help me get through it. So please feel free to add me, write to me or/and connect with me. We are all in this together!!

Replies

• MagnoliaNY
    Options
    I haven't mentioned it on my previous post but for those who also speak French I do to!
  • bredaclarke67
    bredaclarke67 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, same here. I don't think of myself as overweight but the mirror and the scales tell a different story! I make it to week 3 or 4 and when I'm not seeing much weight loss I lose heart and give in! This time I'm gonna stick it out☺
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    I know what you're talking about!! I'm very impatient when it comes to weight loss but this time, I have a different mindset. I don't see it as a "diet" now but like a lifestyle change. We are gonna do this together my dear, day after day! :smiley:
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well, its taken me a while to notice; 3 years ( cough!!), but I do see myself as fat. I think I always have just ignored it but suddenly the lbs were on the Grand Prix race track and pulled into the pit stop having gained as much as they could before I could stop them......so when it came to the wheel change....er,,,nothing quick about that sucker, that for sure!

So I am fat, I see myself as fat, but yes, I need to be careful I don't lose heart...just started, limited due to ligament problems so it seems it going to be a slow journey.......but hey, a start is a start......
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My inner woman has always been slim. It has been hard to look in the mirror. With ninety pounds down I take a look more often. I'm still obese but not nearly as large as I was. I understand the disconnect between the inner self and the outer shell. I'd say I'm getting closer to matching those two up.

http://jgnatbuzz.blogspot.ca/2015/02/evolving-self.html
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    I love the "metaphor" about your journey on weight. It is a slow progress and it's hard sometime to see how far we still have to go but the most important thing is to realize it on time and head in the right direction. I'm fat and see myself fat when I look in the mirror too. I just have to match how I feel in my head to what I see with my eyes now :wink:
  • denekn88
    denekn88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I too don't see myself as fat as I am. Some recent pics made it all too obvious! And here I am, determined once and for all to lose the weight! Helps so much to have others to talk to!
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    Indeed Denekn88!! Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other!! I have to match my mind with my body and I'm very positive I'll be able to achieve it here with the great support!
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    Jgnatca I totally connect with what you just said, feel free to add me also so we can share our journey and experience :smiley:
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    Still looking for pals that wish to connect, add me so we can motivate each other!! I also speak French!! PS: I'm on the 1200 cal/day and find it difficult, anyone else doing it?? Add me :smiley:
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've actually been trying to keep my calories under 1,000. It is very difficult to keep up.
  • MagnoliaNY
    Options
    It's very low actully and pretty sure it's not recommended. I went with 1200/day because it allow me to lose 2 pound a week, which is in fact a lot. Just make sure your body doesn't take this low calorie intake as starvation because if that's the case, the opposite will happen which is, he (your body) will take in ever single calorie in, bad or not, and store in. Wishing you best of luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me if you want :)