Follow-up thread for injuries sustained from "1,000 Calorie Challenge!"

Options
jofjltncb6
jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Did you try to meet the 1000 calorie challenge and burn at least 1000 calories every day in additional exercise calories for seven days straight (and presumably while at a caloric deficit)? (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10134897/1-000-calorie-challenge#latest)

If so, please post to share any injuries you sustained/exacerbated as a result. Please consider including the recovery time for your injury and the impact it had on your progress towards your overall goals.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. :D
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    <3
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I was hitting off 8000+ calories a week in exercise for several months. My right shin has some sort of stress that feels sore in the morning. It's better now but I even had it x-rayed to be sure. I was limping quite a bit when it was at it's worst.

I had to take a full week off training and I'm taking it easier till it's 100% again. 1,300 calories burned today but I'm only at about 2,500 this week total so I'm sort of slacking for now.
  • Leyshinka
    Leyshinka Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :D Funny
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    no one will respond, they've all burnt out and given up, already. ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I let my Fitbit Zip extra calorie burn do it for me. According to it, 30k steps = 3k calories burned. Who knew?!?!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    If this were a single meal challenge, I'd have been all over it and hugely successful.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ROFLMHO!! Too funny! Lord, the things folks do in the name of weight loss!! :'(
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I read this and was like :(
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Did you try to meet the 1000 calorie challenge and burn at least 1000 calories every day in additional exercise calories for seven days straight (and presumably while at a caloric deficit)? .

Then I read this and was like :D
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    If so, please post to share any injuries you sustained/exacerbated as a result. Please consider including the recovery time for your injury and the impact it had on your progress towards your overall goals.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I can't do that now. Give me 2 weeks and I sure I could six days a week. I used to gym for more than 2 hours a day six days a week with an hour of elliptical cardio. That is when I used to try to outrun a poor diet for weight loss.