Mind Games: ways we sabotage ourselves

Options
4leighbee
4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
I have been disciplined for months - working out faithfully, trying new things, running further and faster ... and (a big one for me) eating moderately and within the limits I set for myself.

[...screeching halt!] I got injured on Sunday - I can't run (so no extra calories for maybe weeks) - and ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS FOOD! I want a Chicago style pizza with extra cheese, a few beers to go with it, and a whole pounder bag of M&Ms next to me at work.

I suppose it's something to do with substituting one comfort (food) for another (exercise).

WTH? My body actually needs less food, since I'm using my body less.

Can anyone relate?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You don't really need more food, you're injured, hurt, possibly bored because you can't run, and want something comforting. You're here to lose weight, right, so you probably like to eat, so you want something to eat that tastes good. Most people have been there and will get there again, and again.

Sorry for the matter-of-fact reply if that wasn't what you were after, but it's all I've got...
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    LOL ^^ I don't disagree with you. And I still want ALL the junk food right now. ;)
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Yes. Set backs. Particularly getting sick throws me off. Luckily, since I've been eating better and working out, it doesn't happen all that often. Or if it does, it doesn't last long. Funny how that works out. I used my messed up knee as an excuse for a while. Then I said 'eff it, did what I could, had surgery to repair it, and lost weight even while on crutches. Nobodies gonna get on your case for falling off the horse once in a while. Everyone does it. Just get back on. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Love this - and lost weight while on crutches? That's very impressive! Well done!