Hcg Injections & Diet

Options
Anyone ever tried and had success? Details please!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're not going to have anyone post positive comments because it's against site rules to promote unsafe, very low calorie diets.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    so in before it goes down the drain and is locked...

to the OP no just no don't do it.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is something that frustrates me. Our local clinic has a "weight management program" that promotes this. Even for people who aren't over weight to begin with. I don't see how this is healthy, or how results are expected to last. That is simply my opinion, though.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's a dangerous fad

giphy.gif
    grumpy-cat-no-2.jpg
    giphy.gif
    31157-Sweet-Dee-NO-gif--Its-Always-S-EYGJ.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    You're not going to have anyone post positive comments because it's against site rules to promote unsafe, very low calorie diets.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/hcg-diet/faq-20058164
    This.

In for gifs
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    did the drops about 7 years ago and almost killed me. Lost 47 pounds with deficit.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have a friend at work who does/did them and sure, she lost weight. But in a calorie deficit like that who wouldn't? I have lost more weight than she has in a shorter amount of time just eating regular within my MFP goals.
  • Fatgirlontheloose
    Fatgirlontheloose Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Please do not do this diet without proper recommendation and supervision. Your calories are strictly limited to only 500 calories, which isn't enough. You don't need drops to lose weight when you're only eating 500 calories. It's not A safe diet, and is not FDA approved.

Sure, you will lose a significant amount of weight, quickly. But, not in a safe way and chances are you will gain it back
  • Fatgirlontheloose
    Fatgirlontheloose Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    mariefox21 wrote: »

Please do not do this diet without proper recommendation and supervision. Your calories are strictly limited to only 500 calories, which isn't enough. You don't need drops to lose weight when you're only eating 500 calories. It's not A safe diet, and is not FDA approved.

Sure, you will lose a significant amount of weight, quickly. But, not in a safe way and chances are you will gain it back

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    very unsafe idea. if ur looking for examples my gf did it and yup lost bout 40 in 3 months. then 6 months later she was heavier than before she started! this diet teaches u nothing of healthy portioning and sustainable weight loss. it makes u tired and ill. its also dangerous since u are giving your self injections! seriously. she was a nurse so she should have known better but atleast she knew how to properly insert a needle i suppose
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. It is a very low calorie diet. You end up starving yourself thin. Not healthy.

Put your stats in MFP, set a weight loss goal, and follow the plan. It may be slower, but you'll learn along the way and be less likely to gain it back after you stop taking some snake oil drops/pills.
  • skeltonblues
    skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bariatric clinic does not do 500 calorie diet they base it off 1200
  • skeltonblues
    skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    They don't believe that 500 is realistic and agree it's not best
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Bariatric clinic does not do 500 calorie diet they base it off 1200

1200 is still too low for some people depending on age, gender, height, how much you have to lose, and activity level.

I would put your stats in here, choose a realistic weight loss goal, and follow MFP's recommendation.

Realistic goals:
    0.5 pounds/week if you have less than 25 pounds to lose
    1 pound/week if you have 25 to 50 pounds to lose
    1.5 pound/week if you have 50 to 75 pounds to lose
    2 pounds/week if you have over 75 pounds to lose
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Way way unsafe and dosen't work. My mom lost some weight but when she stopped she gained it all back and then some.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    you only have 43 to lose.

track your food, maintain a safe caloric deficit, and exercise if you wanna look better.
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i don't understand the need for the drops when you're only eating 500 cals a day. Why can't you just choose to eat that calorie amount on your own instead of paying for drops?
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did this. A year later, she was heavier than ever before. If it were that easy to lose weight, we would all be thin.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hcg injection?? Injection?? Please don't inject something into your body to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.