Is this too much food?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, you don't know how much you should eat and you don't know how much you actually ate.

Sounds like a winning plan to me! :drinker:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I'm far more concerned about the fact that your fruit is touching your chicken AND your broccoli. Taste mixing! Gag.

Me too! Fruit is dessert!

And I'm allergic to kiwi, and I prefer chicken thigh and wings, and raw broccoli, and I need some starch...

How many calories is this, and how many more is the person eating this, eating the same day, how many are supposed to be eaten, and what is the goal BMI? Random question leads to nosy back-questions.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Too much for my pet hamster? Maybe.... I don't know, I don't have a pet hamster.

The salads I eat for lunch fit in to salad serving bowls... And I wouldn't waste that many carbs on fruit at lunch... And there's no fat. So no, it's not enough food, for me.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Would probably keep me satisfied for about 2 hrs..
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would've chucked in some salad greens, avocado, extra chicken, a dressing or some cheese and made it a meal. But I think everyone who's commented before me has covered all points to be made.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Definitely not enough for me!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    That looks like about the right amount for my 3 and 5 year olds :). They love chicken and broccoli.

I'd add some more veg. We usually have carrots and peas, and I cook some roasted Mediterranean veg with the chicken, cooked with a bit of olive oil and some white wine vinegar.

I'd have the fruit for dessert.

If you're having the same sort of amount of food for dinner, then that doesn't seem enough for an adult.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like a lot to me.

Ask yourself this:

1. Does it fit into my calories?
    2. Do I feel satiated after eating this meal?

Not sure how I would like fruit & veggies on the same plate though?