Bought a digital food scale !!

Options
So I bought a digital food scale yesterday , a bargain £7 on sale ... Best thing ever to log accurately the things I eat, never bothered before just guessed but I know this way I can do it all right and portion things correctly xX

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's so eye-opening.
  • fobalious82
    fobalious82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It so is , the amount of seeds I add to my nutribullet , guessed before now weigh them right , totally different amount than I thought :/ and the portions of frozen fruit . I weigh my chicken , veg EVERYTHING !! Love it
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    yes the food scale after years of other methods was a game changer for me
  • fobalious82
    fobalious82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced it will be for me to , feeling really positive about it and although iv only had it 2 day I enjoy weighing things out and seeing the difference to my guess work in the past
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I suspect you will be surprised just how small a highly calorie dense portion of some things are, like cheese & pasta for instance
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Eye-opening, I agree. Mine has been the most valuable tool (other than MFP itself) for my weight loss.

Other gadgets and gizmos are mostly hype or unnecessary. But my little $15 food scale is worth every penny.

The best part? I'm now getting really good at guesstimating accurate portions. I can cut that perfect 30g piece of cheese or that perfect 30g of peanut butter almost every time. This helps me when I'm away from the scale, like in a restaurant or out at someone's house; my eyeballing skills have improved tons.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Aldi the other day and I love it so much!