eating chicken, wanting pizza :p

Options
2»

Replies

• Davis911
    Davis911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We've been experimenting with cauliflower as a homemade crust for pizza. Tonight's pizza was awesome using parmesan cheese, reduce sodium natural ham, and made the lemon vinaigrette with lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, and salt. One pizza was under 300 calories and very filling.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I make pizza with whole wheat tortillas or a piece of naan bread, some low fat cheese, ground chicken or pork, turkey bacon and low sodium sauce :) It's delicious and much healthier than store bought.
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    yumbinkbugonrox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    oh my, they just opened an anthony's coal fire pizza near where i live. the unhealthy food spirits are trying to rock me!! i'll have pizza in july, lol!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat pizza regularly but are afraid of calories, give broccoli crust (or cauliflower, I guess) pizza a try. I've done it a few times now. I enjoy it, and it's obviously far fewer calories than you'd get from a traditional crust.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza....brush a round slice of pita bread with a bit of garlic oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, top with a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce or Prego, add mushrooms/onions/peppers etc, and a 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheese (or less depending on preference, I like cheese) and bake for 375 until golden brown. Voila, personal pan pizza and I am satisfied for under 400 calories.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had flat out pizza tonight, whole thing with sauce and toppings was about 200 calories and very filling. Flat out is about 90 cal, and you bake 5 min @ 350, then out on toppings and bake for another 5 directly on the rack. Perfect thin crust crispy pizza - we eat them at least once a week :smile:
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    be careful about the sodium. It's ok to eat pizza and stuff but expect the scale to go up tomorrow. maybe don't weigh yourself for a couple days and get back on the chicken train until then
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    http://www.flatoutbread.com/tomato-basil-flatout-thin-crust-pizza/

this is that flatout pizza she was talkin about
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My wife took a recipe she learned from her Sicilian grandmother and was able to tweak it in a healthy direction and still have it taste great. She used lowfat mozzarella chese, lowfat turkey pepperoni and whole wheat crust, plus some veggies that we like, such as mushrooms and artichoke hearts. She was able to get the calorie count to about 250 per slice with very little fat. What my kids and I agree on is that the extra fat doesn't make it taste better. In fact, all that grease on a restaurant prepared pizza tastes bad.