guys need help.

Options
Do you think that i can lose kilos in two weeks. Im just eating lettuce, oatmeal cranberry juice and banana. And my exercise is 5x a week with alternate of circuit and pushing dumbells

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    u just posted about getting lean in two weeks. it is not healthy what u are doing. u are losing muscle on this diet . never mind with your work out u are risking passing out. why two weeks? dont u want to be healthy for life?
  • camz15
    camz15 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi jenn. I got event in May 2 so i need to lose weight. Little bit is ok.. just want to cry
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Time machine.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    camz15 wrote: »
    Do you think that i can lose kilos in two weeks. Im just eating lettuce, oatmeal cranberry juice and banana. And my exercise is 5x a week with alternate of circuit and pushing dumbells

You are going to burn out quickly eating like this. I know that everyone wants the weight off quickly, but this kind of diet just isn't sustainable. Set up MFP to lose a reasonable amount of weight in the next two weeks (expect that to be 2-4 pounds, tops) and see what happens.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i have a wedding may 2nd. i will wear spanx. that is the only quick fix without seriously hurting yourself. i get it. i do. but your health is most important
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You're going about it all wrong.
  • camz15
    Options
    Thank guys..
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I understand the desperation, really I do. However, anything you're losing eating so little is going to be mostly water with a little fat and some nice muscle loss thrown in for good measure. It's not going to help you fit into a dress that is too small. The time to have started to lose weight for this event was months ago. Yo-yo dieting like this will hurt you really badly in the long run and it's not a pattern you want to start.

You might try some Spanx or something instead for the short term and go about losing the weight you want to lose the proper way with a good diet and exercise so you're ready for the next event.
  • camz15
    Options
    Guys im also eating fruits and veges.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    What you are eating makes no difference. Weight loss is about total calories eaten being less than total calories your body burns. You could eat only Twinkies and lose weight if you didn't eat many of them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Just about evrrything you listed is a fruit or veggie. Are you also getting enough fats & protein? What about things like calcium and iron? There's more to eating well than just loading up on fruits & veggies.

This may not hurt you to do for two weeks, but it's also not going to have any greater effect than if you chose a more reasonable path. It's just a lot more likely to make you miserable for two weeks and prone to giving up or binging.

You really aren't going to be able to convince most of us that a crash diet is okay.