new to gym and calorie counting...

Options
[bHey everyone! So I'm a complete newb to all of this can anyone out there give me some advice on fast weight loss and working out and maybe how to gain the confidence I'm lacking when I go to the gym??

I always feel like I'm getting judged because I've gained so much weight. I need to lose 50 lbs

Replies

• itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    [bHey everyone! So I'm a complete newb to all of this can anyone out there give me some advice on fast weight loss and working out and maybe how to gain the confidence I'm lacking when I go to the gym??

I always feel like I'm getting judged because I've gained so much weight. I need to lose 50 lbs

Well, first Id say get the "fast" part of the weight loss out of your head. If you want to do it right (ie, not gain it right back) you need to buckle down and work on changing your lifestyle. As in, this is a long term thing. Also, I've found that when I've tried to eat at a 2 pound a week deficet I tend to hate my life and eventually binge. Slow and steady.

As for the gym, I would highly recommend getting a trainer. Once a week for a month at least. They will help you learn what to do and will help you gain confidence.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose. It's not going to be "fast", it takes hard work, but it's worth it. Go get it!
  • puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree I've found greater success with 1lb a week target, even then I'm not perfect. But I'm better prepared for the long haul:)
  • drs64
    drs64 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ^^ What they all said. Fast does not last. Put in a strong effort, and you will see results in the appropriate amount of time. There are people who have lost much more then 50 pounds using the system, so try not to let the amount you have deter you or intimidate you. You can do this.
  • chickabelle
    chickabelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when i went to the gym...like everyone was looking at me and would laugh....but guess what it turns out no one cared what i looked like...people who are at the gym are their to loose weigh and they are just as insecure about their bodies as you are. Even the skinniest people can think they look fat. Probably 99% of the people there you dont know and have no influence on your life. Your doing this for you, so keep you head up high. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need some more support. :)