The scale says I'm losing, but clothes fit no different and not losing body fat or inches??

Options
2»

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're shedding fat from around your internal organs?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I don't know what I am doing wrong. I'm under my calorie goals most day due to exercising and drink plenty of water. The scale has gone down, but I have not lost any body fat or any inches. What could be going on?!

According to your ticker, you have lost about 8 pounds and have 7 to go, or something like that? That really is not much weight to lose, and you might not feel the difference in your clothes until you are closer to goal, or at least to goal. Everybody is different, but I didn't notice a change in clothing until I'd lost ten pounds or more.

You're losing weight, so keep doing what you're doing.

I actually don't find that at all. When I was bigger it took more weight to notice a difference.

Now that I am smaller 5lbs is the difference between a comfortable size 4 and a so not comfortable size 4 but a somewhat loose size 6....I have recently lost 5lbs (some of my vacation weight) and my size 4's are more comfortable now.

OP it could be as simple as extra water retention...

• gemcoyle
    gemcoyle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    From past experience with weight loss, I generally notice weight loss in my bra size first.. :(
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Do you take photos? I have been so frustrated with what I feel is a very slow weight loss. I moan about my hips all the time as they are my problem area. However, I took a picture of my back the other day and the difference between 7lbs was mind blowing! I knew I had fat on my back but my shoulders and upper back are so much leaner and I look much more triangular. I had no idea that I had such a change because I always look face on in the mirror and judge inch loss by my many pairs of jeans!