For those of you who dont have access to a gym atm...

Options
2»

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Gym memberships are overpriced, overrated, and a waste of money. I rely solely on DVDs and my free weights at home for exercise. I have six pack abs.

Remember though, weight loss occurs in the kitchen - not with exercise.
  • aanderson317
    aanderson317 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Blogilates.com is a great fitness blog. She does TONS of free youtube videos, mostly pilates based moves. She makes a great monthly calendar with suggested workouts and stuff. It's pretty life-changing stuff actually. All you really need are sneakers and a mat.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone whos put in their two-cents. It really helps and makes me feel a ton better about not being able to make it to the gym.

You all are so inspiring!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I walk 4-5 miles during breaks at work during the day then run a few times a week plus bodyweight strength training via the You Are Your Own Gym app
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    1. I run 3 times a week outside (major park near office with running track and trails). I've also run in my neighborhood.

2. I weight lift at home 3 times a week (non-run days). I've slowly bought home equipment because I've never liked gyms.

3. I play recreational sports most weekends.

In the beginning, I did use my Wii a lot for workouts. Was a great way to help me get more fit for what I do now.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership. The only thing that is consistent about my workouts is:

5-6 days a week
    On 3 of those days I do Stronglifts 5x5 (I own a barbell, bench, ect)
    Rest of the days Cardio

Cardio workouts will be one or more of the following per day:
    :heart: 20 + min walks with family
    :heart: Dance Central 2 (kinect)
    :heart: EA Sports Active 2.0 (kinect)
    :heart: JM 30 Day Shred (DVD)
    And just recently my husband bought me a wii (I had one last year, but it died)
    :heart: Wii Fit
    :heart: Golds Gym Cardio Workout
    :heart: Wii Sports/Sports Resort

I haven't been inside a gym since 4+ years ago (before I gained weight).
    :