Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I want to loose 7 lbs a week

13»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    The only way I can see you losing 7 lbs a week, consistently for 3- 4 weeks is if you were water fasting.... I know how you feel though. I'm aiming for 3 lbs a week right now.. And that's tough enough.

I support the slow and steady wins the race crowd though. Don't lose heart. You got this.

Water fasting, also known as "deliberately starving yourself". This isn't aimed at you OP, just an observation, but why is it that when you say "water fasting" it is socially acceptable, but if you say "I'm not going to eat anything for 3-4 weeks" people would flip out?
  • lcflor
    lcflor Posts: 20 Member
    Alex37166 wrote: »
    I have experienced a lot of things in the past year with my weight loss, and I have sensitivities to some food, which can help and hinder. I have learned to adjust. Everyone has different outcomes and have the foods that they like and dislike, but the only way to succeed in a healthy and effective way is to slowly lose the weight. I lost 50 lbs in the last 11 months and have 10 more lbs to go. There may be weeks where you stay the same or gain a lb or so, but that is the up and downs of naturally losing weight. Support can be a great way of encouraging and getting the positive outcome that you want, but physically doing it is the true road to the actual thing. If you need any guidance, then let me know. A balance (no more than the guideline of what you need) in protein, carbs, calories and fiber is most important, in my opinion. Good luck!

Great job with your weigh loss this far Alex, congratulations! Thank you for the support and input, this is the beginning of hopefully the last time I put myself through this. . Balance is definitely something I have to do better this time around... thanks and u got those 10 lbs b4 the summer! :smile:
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Icflor. You can do it!

**Disclaimer** I'm not trying to encourage unhealthy weight loss. Just frolicking through various forums, spreading my jogger's high around.