Cheat days/ Cheat meals??

Options
2»

Replies

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you give yourself "cheat meals" (definition being that you go over your allotted calories) you are only cheating yourself out of weight loss. If you can make it fit, I wouldn't consider that cheating, that's what moderation is. For instance, I love making and eating tacos. So this week I made tacos, with regular beef, full fat sour cream, full fat cheese and I enjoyed 4, 6" tortilla tacos. But I worked out HARD yesterday, came home, weighed everything out, logged it, and then ate it and enjoyed every delicious bite. I ate 2,100 calories yesterday, but I was still in a deficit. Either you make it work, or you don't and in the end you will know which one you've done.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    If you give yourself "cheat meals" (definition being that you go over your allotted calories) you are only cheating yourself out of weight loss. If you can make it fit, I wouldn't consider that cheating, that's what moderation is.

Absolutely!

There's no reason why we can't eat delicious food ... and keep it within our calorie limits. No cheating involved. :)

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I feel like everyday is a cheat day in my life lol but somehow it all works. I just eat what I want and try to make it fit around my calories/exercise

This is what I've started doing. The exercise can be hard while I'm doing it, but when I'm done, I can eat something nice and not feel like i'm cheating myself. Also, I feel physically and mentally fanFreakinTastic :smiley:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I feel like everyday is a cheat day in my life lol but somehow it all works. I just eat what I want and try to make it fit around my calories/exercise

This is what I've started doing. The exercise can be hard while I'm doing it, but when I'm done, I can eat something nice and not feel like i'm cheating myself. Also, I feel physically and mentally fanFreakinTastic :smiley:

I have so much weight to lose that I don't want to eat back my exercise calories! Another 20 pounds, and I'm going to start taking it a little more slowly.