Staying fit while working as a cashier.

Options
Hey! I haven't been doing so well with being fit, and I'm trying to get back into it, but I admit that it's rather hard, especially since I don't like working out. My main concern is that my job isn't active in the least. I'm mostly a cashier, and I don't move around all that much, I stay behind my counter for almost four/five hours at a time... Any thought on how to stay active with such a job??? Thanks!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hey! I haven't been doing so well with being fit, and I'm trying to get back into it, but I admit that it's rather hard, especially since I don't like working out. My main concern is that my job isn't active in the least. I'm mostly a cashier, and I don't move around all that much, I stay behind my counter for almost four/five hours at a time... Any thought on how to stay active with such a job??? Thanks!

go for a walk during breaks or lunches. Go for a walk or run after work or before work. Steal money and run from the cops.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Find some physical activity you enjoy and get out and do it,
    Walking, cycling, swim, jog, rollerblade, hike, row, paddle, doesn't really matter what it is as long as you get out and do it a few hours a week.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    theres probably some form of exercise u dont mind. its spring so it should make it easier. just walk even. maybe u would rather bike. do an exercise video. if your a cashier u cant exactly leave ur little area so getting more exercise in at work(besides using ur lunch break) isnt really going to happen
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I was a cashier I would do lunges,calf raises and squats when I didn't have customers lol. My legs would ache from standing still so I would move them. Probably got some weird looks! If you are going to do this, I recommend not wearing corduroys, do not ask how I know this :#
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I was a cashier I would do lunges,calf raises and squats when I didn't have customers lol. My legs would ache from standing still so I would move them. Probably got some weird looks! If you are going to do this, I recommend not wearing corduroys, do not ask how I know this :#

This! Also, whenever something needs to be taken to the other side of the store, volunteer. Or if a customer needs help finding something (if you're allowed) walk them to it, instead of just pointing it out. Usually managers won't really be able to complain if you tell them you were trying to give the best service to the customer.
  • nikkidoodleee
    nikkidoodleee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love helping people around in the store! Sometimes they put me on sales floor, which I do really enjoy because it makes the time go by faster and I can walk around all day, but besides that, if I'm on register, I'm usually the only one up there, and can't move from my counter, sadly enough. It really sucks. :(