bulk ends soon need help to loss body fat

Options
Been bulking for 8 weeks now and about 18% body fat. Want to be able to see abs and other muscles In more detail. I train 5 days a week. Don't want know how long to spend on cutting.

Replies

• emlarsen2
    emlarsen2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    losing body fat is always hard when wanting to maintain your lean mass. Especially when your lean mass isn't large yet. You don't want to go any lower than 500 calories below maintenance. If you do, you'll lose ALL of your muscle gain from the past 8 weeks. Aim for more like 300 calories below and lift heavy at the gym to keep those muscles stimulated. Keep cardio low. 1-2 time per week < 20 minutes.

HOWEVER, if I were you, I'd keep bulking up. If you're putting on too much fat, lower your total calorie intake a bit and bump up the protein. 8 weeks isn't a lot of time to gain muscle. Unless you're some genetic god, you didn't put on more than 4lbs of lean mass. 4 lbs of lean mass is actually quite a bit, you'd notice a big difference in your physique with just 4lbs of lean mass. If you gained more than 10 lbs in that 8 weeks (not including water weight), you gained more fat than muscle and you'll need to alter your diet, or lift harder (but not as often).
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    emlarsen2 wrote: »
    losing body fat is always hard when wanting to maiiontain your lean mass. Especially when your lean mass isn't large yet. You don't want to go any lower than 500 calories below maintenance. If you do, you'll lose ALL of your muscle gain from the past 8 weeks. Aim for more like 300 calories below and lift heavy at the gym to keep those muscles stimulated. Keep cardio low. 1-2 time per week < 20 minutes.

HOWEVER, if I were you, I'd keep bulking up. If you're putting on too much fat, lower your total calorie intake a bit and bump up the protein. 8 weeks isn't a lot of time to gain muscle. Unless you're some genetic god, you didn't put on more than 4lbs of lean mass. 4 lbs of lean mass is actually quite a bit, you'd notice a big difference in your physique with just 4lbs of lean mass. If you gained more than 10 lbs in that 8 weeks (not including water weight), you gained more fat than muscle and you'll need to alter your diet, or lift harder (but not as often).
    Thanks man, somebody said to get to around 190 pounds then cut. I am 170 now
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Considering you dont have much experience in cutting, id just say stay in a calorie deficit for however long it takes but just remember if your weight loss stops its because you need to drop down your cal intake again, its just one mistake lots of people dont understand..
    But its plain and simple if you weight less you bodies maintenance cal intake will be less, same thing applies to weight gain
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Added you just pm me if you need more advice man