Who here does BodyCombat?

Options
I've been going to this class on a regular basis for over 2 months now. I go to other classes at my gym as well, but Body Combat is definitely my favorite! I still suck at it, but I can see myself getting better every day. At the beginning, I would have to stop every few minutes to take a break, but now I can ALMOST make it through with just the breaks the instructors provide.

Something I wonder about these days is, if I got jumped in a back alley, could I just break out some upper cuts and roundhouse kicks and take the guy out? haha. Maybe not yet, but someday...

Bonus question: Who (or what) do you imagine punching in the face when you're doing the class? :P You know there's someone...

Replies

• tinytexn
    tinytexn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Body Combat. Congratulations on the progress! It's funny because when most people are throwing jabs eye level, I typically aim higher since I'm so short. I imagine if I were ever in a bad situation, the person would be a lot taller than me, lol. I'm looking forward to working on my form. I think it'll help us in the long run. It's a great way to relieve stress and get all of that anger out. :)
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Bodycombat is my absolute favorite. I've been doing it for 7+ years now (with some breaks).
    Every time I come back after a break it does take me some time to get back to my old endurance level and end up sitting out track 4 or 5 for the first few weeks.
    Currently my focus is on improving my technique. Pretty happy with my punches. Side kick is my biggest issue.

Since it has been a few months since you posted this, how are you now?