Anyone read the book titled "Visual Impact for Women"? Reviews!!!

Options
Hi everyone I am not new to this program nor to the community but it is my first forum on here and I would like to know if anyone has read, tried and or heard about this book visual Impact For Woman by Rusty Moore? and what you have to say about it. I don't want to shell money out for it if its not worth the experience it gives. I have always had trouble with my thighs and read this book can help to get leaner legs and not bulk through its program it offers. Any advice is welcomed. Oh I do eat carbs but am within my calorie limits (most days) but if i have to remove more carbs i am willing to lose the fat around them. Its the book I would like to know about more than advice about my thighs but advice about that is welcomed. I read that anything on leg workouts is a go except the front thighs and i don't want more build on front thighs either so elliptical is one way. They look nice from elliptical solid thighs but not enough results wise. I want to be more proportioned and my thighs make me look weird with everything else looking fine. I will open my diary temporarily if you MUST check it out I guess. Feel free to do so if you would like to offer advice. Thanks in advance. I don't know if this is the right category even,

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Bulking requires a calorie surplus. As long as you're not in a surplus, bulking is a non-issue, regardless of what exercises you do. Moving on...

His book is cardio-based, so it will leave you skinny-fat unless you do strength training, with heavy weight, to prevent muscle loss. I'd follow any of the proven strength programs frequently mentioned here, like NROLFW, Stronglifts, etc. Or hire a good personal trainer.
    I want to be more proportioned and my thighs make me look weird with everything else looking fine.

Comparing with other people is a losing battle. You will always have flaws that can make you feel inadequate. The only way to win is appreciation for what you have. You have functioning thighs and are not wheelchair-bound, correct? Personally i'd focus on keeping them functioning & strong through strength training, sports, etc. :+1:

• RedArizona5
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :) Yeah the book is supposed to be against all strength training. I shouldn't be looking at other women, you are right on that. I don't often and Im talking about the extreme side like thigh gaps-noway=)which i wouldn't mind having but i will never even if i tried but i don't want to starve myself noway josé. I don't mind a good size thigh but I'm not joking that they are thighs of a heavy a thick or chubby sized person and I'm not. I feel I'm asking for too much but I'm not :#
    I will keep working on high resistance with the elliptical (level 18 is my usual and will just up it to 20) then and see where it will take them by focusing on the backs of my thighs versus the fronts. They do get a nice curve on them when i do but i just wanted to know so thank you. hhta69ani3le.jpg
    Wish I didn't have this problem tho lolz but my thighs are more compatible to the girl in the tan stockings on the right but i would like them just a little less exactly like the girl on the left in the black stockings. I think the girls thighs on the left shouldn't be considered unhealthy and i feel personally its how i would look like i ought to be built. I have done years and years of soul searching on this, so, this isn't anything out on a whim. I'm not wanting a thigh gap, i just want a nicer quality size thighs is all and not too much to ask is it? :) Not sure how to get there though.
    So then woman who do have skinny legs have hardly no muscle but only a little and that can still be healthy if they eat right and are active then why are bigger thighs more praised or IS it just preference after all then? Im in all honesty asking because I love having strong legs and am all for them and the shape they add to a figure I prefer, personally and feel MORE confident in my shorts if they were more properly proportioned? smaller nut musclier? if that makes sense. Maybe i need to just lose the fat and increase the resistance and see for myself…maybe i will see them stronger smaller and defined and with muscle is the better way. I think i can get them to be a little smaller without losing so muscle by toning them? Losing maybe a little muscle but not so much like you might think I'm trying which i m not. then i can stop at a certain size and tone them up. So i get the best of host worlds. Toned medium sized thighs that aren't bulky and awkward iso in stockings. I don't even wear them and wish i could cause they feel nice but they don't look nice. lol
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Different women have different shapes. If you are a woman who loses fat in her thighs more slowly than elsewhere on her body, there's not really anything that you can do to speed that up. And in order to have the thighs you are going for (thin enough for a possible thigh gap) you may have to get to an uncomfortable-to-sustain body fat level. Even then you may not have a gap just due to how your body is built.
  • RedArizona5
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I see where you are going, jemhh. I don't want to go there. I like the athletic look its what I have, mesomorph, i think its called. There's mesomorph ectomorph and endomorph. I will just really amp up toning them and add more resistance and just watch the carbs
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You edited your post (for clarity I'm sure) but it previously read as if you wanted a thigh gap.

Anyways, as Cherimoose wrote, unless you are eating in a surplus you are not going to bulk. If you want smaller thighs, lose the fat.
  • RedArizona5
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did, I mean I would love a small thigh gap but I'm approaching this realistically and healthy. Meaning If the goal is to get sexier thighs then i can't approach my goals with extremes and need a plan to at least tone them up. For example going from point a to point z in 1 or 2 steps won't work. The concern at this point is a slight smaller thigh. I can worry about the thigh gap later and not even worried about it right now. I f I end up with better structured and less bigger thighs than i do now it would be nsv for now. Sorry for the inconsistencies and confusion all the grammar and such.