Hi I am new to this

Any suggestions

Replies

• Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Don't fall into diet fads.
    You can still eat nice foods, some sweets/chocolate/junk foods etc while dieting. Just set aside some calories for that kinda thing a few days a week (or every day if you really 'have' to)
    You need to change your lifestyle permanently if you want to stay at your target weight once you reach it. You can't just stop dieting and go back to the way you used to eat before. Obviously you'll be able to eat more each day, to maintain that weight. But you'll still have to track your calories and so on.

A high protein diet (lean meats, eggs, fish, etc) with 'healthy' fats and fiber, is good for making you feel full / not hungry for longer periods of time. So if you do find you're always hungry, try replacing some cereals/breads/potatoes/etc with extra protein or fiber. but don't do something ridiculous like trying to eat only 20-50g of carbs / day or less.

Don't set your daily calories too low either. Your body will start adapting and making it difficult to lose weight. + you'll be hungry regardless of what you eat, if your calories are too low anyway, and then when you start eating more, because of the adaptations your body made, you might gain weight for a period of time then.

There's no supplements or miracle foods or pills. Don't fall into any of that.
    Caffeine + Green Tea Extract are effective at appetite suppression and slightly increased heart rate and metabolism for short periods of time. But you quickly grow a tolerance to them. So would have to stay off them for periods of time as well.

Cardio is good. Healthy and everything. But strength training / lifting weights is great for weight loss too. You wont gain any real muscles. You'll preserve alot more of the muscle / lean mass you currently have when losing weight, if you do strength training. + for the coming 24-48 hours after lifting weights, your body will burn extra calories too while repairing muscles.

Some basic common sense advice right there. Haha
  • adwhite42
    adwhite42 Posts: 11 Member
    Trust what your body says, be good to it :) set small goals, but never sell yourself short. Have a partner in crime who keeps you in check.
  • jlima845
    jlima845 Posts: 388 Member
    Log. Log. Log.
    Do it as soon as you have your meal. You can easily lose track or forget. Logging will definitely help you on your journey
  • bellezza__xoxo
    bellezza__xoxo Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you all! I really want to loose 33 pounds by November bc I am going away. I will use all of your suggestions and hopefully I will reach my goal weight!