Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

50 lbs down this week

eowynmn
eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
I have 75 to go, but I'm 50 lbs down and wanted to share the 50 lb difference incase anyone else is just starting where I did. Those 50 lbs make quite the difference.

I've been working my *kitten* off (literally and figuratively) since January 7th, and have lost a consistent 10 lbs each month. I started barely being able to do 15 minutes of a zumba DVD, and now I work out 7 days a week, and do intense "Caveman" workouts 2-3 times a week, personal training twice a week, running twice a week, and kickboxing 1-2 times a week, and Zumba is now my extra "fun" cardio if I want it. I feel awesome so far, and even though I have a long ways to go, the 50 lbs I've lost has made a world of difference.

I've lost approximately 12% of my body fat
BMI: From 44 to 36.2

Inches I've lost thusfar:

Chest: 4.75"
Waist: 6.25"
Hips: 8"
Each Arm: 1.5"
Each Thigh: 3"

This picture shows one of the last before pictures I let be taken of me at halloween last year (yes I was trying to be a shiny fairy), and some pics I took on thursday. The Necklace was my 50 lbs present to myself, so when I get fustrated I can remember how far I've come so far.
50+lbs+down+with+graphics.jpg

Replies

• melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    CONGRATS!! You look great and are on a serious healthy journey! Keep up the great work....:smile:
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    WOW! Way to go, you look amazing, and super healthy and glowing - I love your before smile but your after smile is a huge explosion of happiness!! Nice! I have no doubt you will keep getting what you are getting cuz your gonna keep doing what you're doing!!
  • terminatorsmom
    terminatorsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Your doing awesome!! I love the necklace!
  • JennyWhitenerBlue
    JennyWhitenerBlue Posts: 5 Member
    good for you!!!:bigsmile: ...continue to keep up the good work!!! It WILL pay off!!
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Wow! You've done great (and look great)! And I love the necklace idea :smile:
  • You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    You are gorgeous!! Congratulations on your success and keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:

I LOVE the idea of a necklace at 50 pounds... totally stealing that idea :happy:
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    beautiful
  • Wow, congrats!! You really look fabulous, and that's such a big fitness level increase! Amazing!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    You look great, congrats!
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Wow! WTG!! Keep it going. You inspire me to push harder!
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    You look great! Congrats!
  • PhantomMidnight
    PhantomMidnight Posts: 13 Member
    Looking great! :D Nice work so far!
  • You have done an amazing job!
  • wmako
    wmako Posts: 36 Member
    Keep up the great effort. You've worked hard and deserve every pound you've lost. You look terrific!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Wow you look amazing! Thanks for posting!
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    good job!!! you look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    You look beautiful! Keep it up!!
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    amazing pictures. I am going to steal the necklace idea. What a great reminder and you could keep adding charms for each milestone weight loss. Awesome post.
  • faithstimenow
    faithstimenow Posts: 99 Member
    You look amazing, and very beautiful. You are working so hard at it, that before you know it, you will have reached your goal! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!