Weigh ins?

Options
How often should i weigh to see my progress.. I dont think i believe in daily weigh ins.. Seems a little obsessive. Weekly or 2 weekly? Any advice?

Replies

• dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    it's really what you prefer. personally I weigh every day and log it cuz I like to see the ups and downs
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i guess if you think it's obsessive then don't weigh in daily; find what works for you. i weigh in once a week; some every other week; others monthly; it's a personal choice...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Daily weigh ins can work as long as you understand the day-to-day fluctuations. Anything more than once a day, yes, can run as being obsessive.

Honestly, the frequency matters less than making sure you do it in a consistent setting (generally first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking anything, and wearing the same amount of clothing).
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but do weighin and log it once a week.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I also weigh every day but officially log it on Monday mornings.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I agree with you OP on the daily weighing thing, it does become obsessive (for me) - so i weigh myself once a week (normally).
    But if i know if messed up (i.e gone over my calories that week with take aways usually :wink: ), then i weigh myself 2 weeks after that.