Those impossible last few lbs... need support/tips!

Options
I'm looking to not necessarily lose weight but to lean up a bit more and gain muscle/lose fat.
Those last stubborn pounds are the hardest to shed so it'd be great to exchange tips and ideas with folks in the same boat.

Nice meeting you and good luck!

Replies

• wolfespit
    wolfespit Posts: 14
    Options
    You seem really cool, and overall thats what I want to do too :) but I'm only at the beginning of my journey. If you have any tips please let me know!
  • juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    wolfespit wrote: »
    You seem really cool, and overall thats what I want to do too :) but I'm only at the beginning of my journey. If you have any tips please let me know!

Thanks and congrats on starting your journey! :)

So far I'm trying to be more active and am avoiding takeout to reach my goals. I'll share more tips should anything work to get me through my weight plateau.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Julia... I am at the tail end of the "weight loss" part of my journey. If I can loss the last 7.2 I will have lost 60lbs over the last 3 years and kept it off.

My plan of action is WEIGHT TRAINING, FOCUSED EATING (somewhat of a paleo style of eating), and being active 6 days a week with 1 rest day a week.

I recently downloaded an APP called SKIMBLE WORKOUT TRAINER that I really like. You can sort by what body part you want to work and how long you want to work out. Tons of different workouts. I am focusing on ABS and BOOTY for these workouts. So far I love them!
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and eat accordingly for a weight training regimen for staying lean and toning it up. Good luck to you!!!!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    pick up heavy things. put them down. repeat. eat a sustainable diet (aim for a .5 lbs loss per week). and just be patient. :)
  • juliaruliasNY
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Julia... I am at the tail end of the "weight loss" part of my journey. If I can loss the last 7.2 I will have lost 60lbs over the last 3 years and kept it off.

My plan of action is WEIGHT TRAINING, FOCUSED EATING (somewhat of a paleo style of eating), and being active 6 days a week with 1 rest day a week.

I recently downloaded an APP called SKIMBLE WORKOUT TRAINER that I really like. You can sort by what body part you want to work and how long you want to work out. Tons of different workouts. I am focusing on ABS and BOOTY for these workouts. So far I love them!

Thanks for the tips and congrats for getting to your goal! I downloaded Skimble and can't wait to try it :)
  • juliaruliasNY
    Options
    cbills65 wrote: »
    Lift weights and eat accordingly for a weight training regimen for staying lean and toning it up. Good luck to you!!!!

Yes Good point - I try to do pull-ups/sit-ups and free weights for my arms a couple times a week. I need to make it to my gym so I can focus on strength-training. Also trying to increase my protein intake too.

Thanks for everyone's feedback! :)