trying once again

Options
One of the hardest thing ive had to do is attempt to loose weight. Every couple of months i try to set new goals. I loose a tiny bit of weight and as soon as i look the other way i gain it all back. So once again im trying. Ive been going to the gym 4 times a weeks for 2 weeks now. I started to enjoy it a bit. But im still a bit intimated by all the equipment, so ive just been doing cardio. Im 5'4 27yrs old female and weight 230lb. This is not my heaviest. I used to be 256lb years ago. So im glad ive at least maintained my weight loss Anyways im just here to get support. For someone to tell me Sara you could have done better or somethig like that. I hope i can be that support for someone else aswell!

Replies

• paigemul95
    paigemul95 Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Sara! I've been in the same situation as you and am back once again to really pin it down this time. I'm always happy to have more people to give and receive support and motivation from! :)
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm back at it myself. I lost 60lbs before, but that was 3 years ago. Needless to say, my weight loss did NOT stick. As soon as I became pregnant with my second child, I used every excuse in the book to gain weight. Now I'm back at it.

I've got 60lbs to lose, but I'm currently focused on the first 10. I will be so excited to see my scale go from 190 to 180!
  • demelzaparker
    Options
    Hey, I am at my heaviest at 251lbs and I'm so disappointed in myself! But I'm back on the band wagon! I used to be addicted to the gym which always helped with the weight loss but I now have a 6 month old puppy now and my fiancée travels a lot so I can't go to the gym as much, this means I need to be better with my diet and I suck at that part! I am 4 days in today, I've done it before so I hope I can do it again! Good Luck! X
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    All we can do is keep trying! Most people who try to lose weight go through the same up and down and it can get exhausting! Being on a "diet" is a bad idea... the best thing for the long run is to make healthy choices and don't beat yourself up. Focus on eating healthy things that you really love. If you torture yourself with plain food and things you don't enjoy for your "diet", you will eventually get sick of it, fall off the wagon, and go crazy eating all the "forbidden foods". Find food and exercise that you enjoy and focus on that. Good luck!!
  • solivera87
    solivera87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support! And yes, it is exausting having to diet all the time and ive noticed when i "diet" i eat more. Or im hungry more often. So this time around im not depriving myself. Just hopefully making better choices. Again, thank you all for the support!!!
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The machines at the gym can be really intimidating! It might be worth it to get a trainer or eve a gym employee to take you through a tour/workout to understand how to use them. using them wrong can be dangerous, and once you get how they work, it's really fun to walk up, adjust to your height and kick butt. I am on a "second time around" with MFP too - had great success 2 years ago and gained it all back after a long surgery recovery. I'm back at it, finally have a healthy body ready for workouts and the scale is finally moving in the right direction. All we can do is control this very moment. Not yesterday, or 5 minutes ago or tomorrow. Right Now. My sister always says the gym is a safe place because there is always someone who looks better than you do, and always someone who looks worse than you do. Try to get some knowledge which will bring confidence and the sky is the limit.