New moms!

Options
So I'm really wanting to lose weight not only for myself but for my health as a mother. I want my son to look up to me and I also want to be educated in healthy lifestyles and eating for him when he starts joining me in daily meals. He's currently 2 months old and I just don't know how I can fit in any excercise because I'm constantly taking care of him. He doesn't nap very long during the day and of course when he is down for the night I'm just as tired. Any advice? I have downloaded this app to atleast begin with tracking what I eat. I also have the insanity DVDs that I would LOVE to begin again but still, where's the time!?!?

Replies

• lizgaydovchik
    Options
    I'm new to this app too and my son is a year and 8 months! I just started figuring out what time works best for me and him for me to work out! I'm waking up before he wakes up to get in my 30 mins of cardio and I do a workout Zumba video! It's hard but I'm trying to stay motivated!
  • hnm921
    hnm921 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My little guy is about to be 2 in July and I had those same feelings that you have up until a couple months ago. I was depressed for awhile and just lazy and tired. Honestly, for me it wasn't until about a month ago that I finally said I need to get up and start moving. Since then I have more energy and I'm not as tired and worn out by the end of the day. I started by putting him in the stroller and walking around our neighborhood. He loves being outdoors so it was good for both of us. I've also started doing workout vids for about 30 minutes when he naps on the weekends or when it's my husband's turn to bath him I'll go do a little workout. Or maybe with your son being only 2 months, maybe you can set him up next to you in a swing or something and he can watch you while you do your video? My son now likes to join in!
  • AngelicaaHarris
    AngelicaaHarris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app too and my son is a year and 8 months! I just started figuring out what time works best for me and him for me to work out! I'm waking up before he wakes up to get in my 30 mins of cardio and I do a workout Zumba video! It's hard but I'm trying to stay motivated!

He's just now sleeping through the night so I try to get atleast 8 hours some nights just 6! So getting up before him definitely wouldn't work right now lol. But hopefully we can start on a napping schedule too and I could possibly fit SOMETHING in that time frame!
  • ashburner06
    Options
    So I'm really wanting to lose weight not only for myself but for my health as a mother. I want my son to look up to me and I also want to be educated in healthy lifestyles and eating for him when he starts joining me in daily meals. He's currently 2 months old and I just don't know how I can fit in any excercise because I'm constantly taking care of him. He doesn't nap very long during the day and of course when he is down for the night I'm just as tired. Any advice? I have downloaded this app to atleast begin with tracking what I eat. I also have the insanity DVDs that I would LOVE to begin again but still, where's the time!?!?

I know what you mean. I was in you're shoes a couple of months ago. My daughter is 5 months now. And I'm a single mom so I know it's hard. I've just become a vegetarian on top of it all. So I'll tell you this. It gets better after about 3 months when your baby takes longer naps. But I work outside walking all day so that is a big part of my work out. I just joined YWCA and they can watch your baby while work out. Even if its just 30 mins. Also when your baby is on the floor doing rummy time. Get down there too sometimes and do leg lifts or sit ups etc.