Fresh Starts!

Options
2»

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Gritted my teeth to get the exercise done. I'M at start of "ramp it up " Dvd which means 55 mins rather than 32 mins of exercise. I sat on train home seeing my resolve weakening and I faffed about when I got home but finally despite myself I forced myself to get it done. One shower later and very sleepy now. Will ache tomorrow bit SO glad I did it. The thing to do I found is just to tell myself I will start and then I don't care if I stop. Then when I start I find it's not so hard to keep doing it til the end. The head talk is the thing to get a grip on....that voice that says it's ok to sit down and watch TV rather than exercise. I've decided I need to ban myself from the living room so I don't vegetate in front of the TV. Good luck to all.
  • bb1lopez
    bb1lopez Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fresh start(again) for me too. Feel free to add me.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Gave in to having a chocolate bar today so had to gird my loins this eve and do the exercise/ cut back on dinner. I did get out to mow the lawn and do a bit of gardening so feel I redeemed myself a bit. I'm away this weekend so dreading how I will get the exercise done then. As soon as out of a routine I lose all focus. Anyone with any tips? What works for you?
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    How's the fresh starters going? I read some of the success stories on the site today and they really are inspirational. One in particular where she said, just do it! Cut your portion sizes and move your body more and don't give in to that voice saying one day off exercising won't hurt. One day can lead to two ....can lead to a year, which is what happened to me! So dig in there and keep moving:)) good luck all.
  • crenee014
    crenee014 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    In need of motivating friends. Anyone feel free to add me please!
  • babygrl7036
    babygrl7036 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fresh starts sounds wonderful. You can do this. I too am having a fresh start. :)
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    :) keep the energy up. Another day down and another step along the path to a healthier, leaner silhouette.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, so you are not alone. And I suspect that most of us here on MFP have done this dance before. Keeping it off is the hardest part, for me. I'm just getting back at it too and, in fact, about five minutes ago started a new group called "The Revolving Door." If you think having the support of folks who have been down that road before and are facing the same challenges as you are, check it out. Maybe we "regainers" can all help keep each other on track! :) Whatever you choose, good luck and keep at it. Like someone else here said, if you've done it once, you can do it again!
  • amykdreamitdoit
    amykdreamitdoit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started my "fresh start" yesterday. I had lost 50 pounds 4 years ago and kept it off for two. Then with a new job and needing to get up at 5:30,I stopped exercising. I slowly put the weight back on. Depressing really! I started walking the track after work yesterday and today. Hoping to lose the 50 again, and get healthy by exercising. My mantra: One pound a week is 50 in a year!
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I recently gained almost 10lbs.. desperately needing a fresh start. Thanks for this!
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am on a fresh start now too.... Lost 38 lbs last summer and then in Jan was diagnosed with CLL. Gained all but 10 lbs back with orders from my doctor to get down to my ideal weight without going under. So I am in.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    enkennon wrote: »
    I recently gained almost 10lbs.. desperately needing a fresh start. Thanks for this!

Well done for getting back up there and starting over. You're over that first hurdle. Go for it!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Just started my "fresh start" yesterday. I had lost 50 pounds 4 years ago and kept it off for two. Then with a new job and needing to get up at 5:30,I stopped exercising. I slowly put the weight back on. Depressing really! I started walking the track after work yesterday and today. Hoping to lose the 50 again, and get healthy by exercising. My mantra: One pound a week is 50 in a year!

I really understand. It's when change to routine happens that it throws us off course and before you know it you've lost your good routines. Well done for just getting out there and walking last two days.
    Little steps and we will shift the mountain:))
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Trying to get on with exercise but procrastinating hugely. Zen habits website is good for advice on procrastination of any type: . "The only way around that is to 1. find your motivation, and 2. start as easy as possible." So I'm off to write a list of my motivations and then just start. Anyone else out there struggling? ... you are not alone:)) :# grit teeth and dig in:)
  • jaxshorrocks
    jaxshorrocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need a fresh start. I used to exercise 3-4 times a week until I fell ill & slowly reduced my type & length of exercises due to pain. Took a while to get a diagnosis & in this time my weight has suffered. Have 4 bulging discs which are pushing 3 ribs out of place, osteoarthritis & fybro myalgia. Now have 25lb to loose without causing more pain or fatigue.

Besides physio, I'm doing Pilates, gentle swimming & just started low impact on cross trainer.

Now need some inspiration on healthy meals.