Best time to exercise??

Options
would you say morning before work, straight after work or evening before dinner or evening after dinner??

I feel like I work out before dinner does me nothing as I get full up with dinner and if I do it after I'm too tired

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Whatever time works best for you. There isn't a golden hour of exercise.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can make yourself. When I'm really busy I do it at night because that's the only time I have. It's very hard to make yourself get up and exercise after a full day, but I make fitness a priority, so I do it.
  • mcloud1977
    mcloud1977 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I start work early so struggle to get up even earlier and by the evening time comes in shattered
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have TRIED to get up super early to work out, and I can't do it. The few times I did, I was in such a pissy mood for the rest of the day that everyone agreed it wasn't worth it, lol. I find that exercises that are in a class setting are best for after work hours. I can motivate myself easier if following someone else's lead. It's a lot harder if I'm working out at home.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    whenever you feel like it and can do your best work. There is no "best" time.
  • mcloud1977
    Options
    Sometimes I don't feel like working out but after I do workout I feel great
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Definitely whatever works for you and your schedule. I used to have a different job and would exercise right after work, before dinner. I wouldn't be as hungry after exercising so I would eat less after. Since switching jobs, I get home at 9pm. There is NO WAY that I am going to work out and then have dinner at 10/11pm. Now I get up early and do it before work. So it really is up to how you can fit it in.
  • mcloud1977
    Options
    Definitely whatever works for you and your schedule. I used to have a different job and would exercise right after work, before dinner. I wouldn't be as hungry after exercising so I would eat less after. Since switching jobs, I get home at 9pm. There is NO WAY that I am going to work out and then have dinner at 10/11pm. Now I get up early and do it before work. So it really is up to how you can fit it in.

I'm going to try and get up before work at 4 am and then work out, it will be hard as I need to motivate myself and that's hard :)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Best time to exercise??

3.22 pm any other time and your just wasting your time. ;)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's best to lift weights at 11:20am but only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It's best to do cardio between 5:30pm and 7:30pm in the evening.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    For me I go for my run during my lunch hour at work, work in a college town nice parks with nice walking/running/biking paths. Sometimes I will hit the gym on my way home after work. But realistically anytime you can work it in your schedule.
  • slideaway1
    Options
    I used to be flexible......but now I cant do Tuesdays !! :D
  • mcloud1977
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It's best to lift weights at 11:20am but only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It's best to do cardio between 5:30pm and 7:30pm in the evening.

Noted thanks
  • mcloud1977
    Options
    belgerian wrote: »
    For me I go for my run during my lunch hour at work, work in a college town nice parks with nice walking/running/biking paths. Sometimes I will hit the gym on my way home after work. But realistically anytime you can work it in your schedule.

I've just started running on my lunch last week so hope that helps too
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    whenever you can fit it in to your day
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    For me 5am as then I don't have all day to make excuses. As others have said what ever fits around your life
  • am1llion
    am1llion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    An early workout makes me feel energized all day. In the evening I prefer the buddy system where I meet up with a friend for a walk or take a class. When I roll solo, I tend to work out very late if it's the gym - when it's less crowded.
  • slideaway1
    Options
    I once tried to work out at 4.55 but something didn't feel right. I left it five minutes and had the best work out of my life. True Story. ;)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning before the rest of the day gets in the way. That way I know it is done and nothing is going to stop me like 'Life'. Lol
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    mcloud1977 wrote: »
    would you say morning before work, straight after work or evening before dinner or evening after dinner??

I feel like I work out before dinner does me nothing as I get full up with dinner and if I do it after I'm too tired
    In the morning for me, to get a metabolic burn going. Then again in the afternoon/evening to keep a burn going. Right now, it's mainly walking for 60min, with some biking, and I'm trying to restart lifting after a month off! Well, I've lost 10.5lbs in under 4 weeks.
    People's schedules differ so much, you just have to pick YOUR best time, and have some fun with it.