Watching carbs and fat intake

Options
meyraud49
meyraud49 Posts: 1 Member
3rd day, so far so good, still having challenges with taking in too much fat and not enough protein, any advice

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    This is always an issue. I just started a diet that really balances protein, carbs and fat.
    Make sure you think of protein as your first ingredient. i.e.: chicken. Then add some vegetables next and then a smaller amount of carbs. Good balance. Make sure you have a bit of fat every day...almonds, peanut butter, avocado...
  • aaroncirilo
    aaroncirilo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    fat is healthy ..if its HEALTHY fat.. i shoot for 65-70% of my intake to be fat.. 25% protein ..the rest carb. It feels great and losing weight.

Keep it up. Good habits = good health
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I need to boost my protein above and beyond the chicken, eggs and turkey in my meals, I add a high protein shake with reasonable calories. Straight off the shelf you can get Muscle Milk (no actual milk in it) and the protein values vary by types of drinks from 20g all the way up to 50g. I find 35g works good for me. If you want a powder, Jay Robb Egg White Protein (vanilla is my preference) has over 20g. Add to almond milk and you boost it by a couple of grams and keeping the calories low. There is very little (almost none) fat in these. Hope that helps.
  • Coachconni
    Coachconni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Treat all fats as the same. If you have grilled chicken with avocado or dressing treat it as the same as fried chicken. When i used to do this, I would budget my fat intake to include nuts and other healthy fats so that in the back of my mind I know half avocado and grilled chicken may be the same as salmon or fried chicken. Usually what causes us to mess up is 'healthy fats' instead of just focussing on calories in vs calories out.