21 day fix!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone is going to read this far in the posts, but OP this is what I found from 21 Day Fix
    1. The term 21 day fix refers to the idea that it takes 21 days to create a habit
    2. I personally didn't like the workouts. I found Autumn totally unmotivating and irritating. However they did challenge me.
    3. I like the portion control containers...and guess what you can actually keep using them. I currently use them with Insanity Max 30, which is a program that I really enjoy.
    4. Following the meal plan guidebook, I'm not stuffing my containers with crap food as was suggested in a previous post, but I'm picking healthy dense foods.
    5. I got tired of calorie counting after 2 years and these are working for me.
    6. Personally since I don't spend money on gym memberships, fitness/personal trainers I have no issue spending my money on whatever works for me in my quest for fitness, and OP I strongly urge you to do what works for you. There are so many ways on these forums that people have used to find their individual path to fitness success...so I don't believe anyone can say one way is totally wrong or right.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    ba502 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone is going to read this far in the posts, but OP this is what I found from 21 Day Fix
    1. The term 21 day fix refers to the idea that it takes 21 days to create a habit
    2. I personally didn't like the workouts. I found Autumn totally unmotivating and irritating. However they did challenge me.
    3. I like the portion control containers...and guess what you can actually keep using them. I currently use them with Insanity Max 30, which is a program that I really enjoy.
    4. Following the meal plan guidebook, I'm not stuffing my containers with crap food as was suggested in a previous post, but I'm picking healthy dense foods.
    5. I got tired of calorie counting after 2 years and these are working for me.
    6. Personally since I don't spend money on gym memberships, fitness/personal trainers I have no issue spending my money on whatever works for me in my quest for fitness, and OP I strongly urge you to do what works for you. There are so many ways on these forums that people have used to find their individual path to fitness success...so I don't believe anyone can say one way is totally wrong or right.

For point #1--you may want to review a study here: "Phillippa Lally is a health psychology researcher at University College London. In a study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, Lally and her research team decided to figure out just how long it actually takes to form a habit." The average was 66 days. The 21 days was shortened because it is what happens when we pass info down the lane.

Congratulations on finding what is working for you.