Working out twice a day?

Options
Would working out twice a day be effective or just a waste of energy? I work 9-5 about 3 days a week, so I definitely have the time to go twice. I'm getting married in 2 months, I'm not trying to lose a million pounds by the time that comes around (I'm trying to be realistic) but I definitely want to do as much as I can. Just curious if anyone saw an significant increase in weight loss going twice a day as appose to going once.!

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's effective depending on how you do it. A good way is weights in the morning and cardio in the evening. I wouldn't do that more than 3x a week though. I.e you can workout 5 days a week and 3 of those days can be twice a day. Just don't push it or you'll burn yourself out. Listen to your body.

Also, even with working out that much you want to make sure you're not losing more than about 1% body weight per week. This is about 1-2 pounds for most people. If you lose too fast you'll get saggy skin and muscle loss. Nobody wants that.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I used to do weight training in the morning and then an hour of cardiovascular (either steady or HIIT) in the evening and it was very effective (with proper diet ofcourse)
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you still see improvements who's to tell you not too ?
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Going twice a day fits my schedule a few times a week. It's the way I fit a bootcamp style workout in in the morning and then weights at night. And the added benefit for me is it keeps my diet in check cause it's not just calories in/calories out for me. I feel crappy when I eat crappy and I don't like feeling like that when I work out. And I totally get sweating for the wedding! Good luck!
  • Edgar_Beastmode
    Options
    It is definitely effective. I just started doing it myself and I've notice a drastic change. It seems like my love handles are finally disappearing. Keep working hard and you'll reach your goal. Much luck to ya! Add me! :)
  • Skillzorz
    Skillzorz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :)
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I do regularly twice a day workouts. When it comes to running though 2x 5k is NOT the same as once 10k.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I run twice a day often. It hasn't really speeded up weightloss but I do eat more and continue losing weight at a steady rate. What it has speeded up is my return to running fitness.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day on days like today when I am lifting weights and also doing some form of steady state cardio a few hours later.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    When I cnat manage to get what I have to do, then i will end the session and return later after a rest and refuel to finish things off. I know when ive had enough and it would be stupid to continue. I really dislike workouts where you know you arent being effective.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As long as you are not overdoing it to the point of injury then why would it be a problem? Humans have been gettting exercise several times a day for as long as there have been humans.