Almond milk advice please

Options
I want to try almond milk and want to know how long it tends to stay fresh in the fridge. Can I freeze it successfully in smaller portions?

Replies

• brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It stays fresh for at least a week to ten days. I prefer the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original as it seems to have the best taste and texture that I've found...quite frankly I now prefer it over cow's milk.
    I'm not certain about the freezing part. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't know about freezing, but I refrigerate mine for like 3-4 weeks and it tastes just the same. It doesn't spoil like cow's milk does.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I don't know about freezing, but I refrigerate mine for like 3-4 weeks and it tastes just the same. It doesn't spoil like cow's milk does.

Same here. I buy the unrefrigerated cartons and once opened refrigerate and I've never had a problem.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    It stays fresh for at least a week to ten days. I prefer the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original as it seems to have the best taste and texture that I've found...quite frankly I now prefer it over cow's milk.
    I'm not certain about the freezing part. :)

Ya I love the almond breeze- The almond milk container says 7 days once opened but the exp date is may 22nd on the one I bought yesturday so until its opened I wouldn't freeze it.

• Lyolka
    Lyolka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Make sure your almond milk doesn't contain carrageenan which causes cancer. Silk removed this carcinogen from their almond milk last year. http://foodbabe.com/2014/08/19/breaking-major-company-removing-controversial-ingredient-carrageenan-because-of-you/
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    My family and I drink Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanila flavor. I buy 2 cartons at a time which stays fresh until we finish them 2 weeks or so later.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Lyolka wrote: »
    Make sure your almond milk doesn't contain carrageenan which causes cancer. Silk removed this carcinogen from their almond milk last year. http://foodbabe.com/2014/08/19/breaking-major-company-removing-controversial-ingredient-carrageenan-because-of-you/

Hint: Don't ever listen to anything from the Food Babe. Like... ever.