Trying to lose 20 lbs by July 13th.

Options
I want to lose 20 lbs but have a very hard time controlling my eating habits. If anyone wants to support me I welcome the help and will repay with support of my own.

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That's my birthday! Good luck on your weight loss journey Jeff!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What's the big rush?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's about seven pounds a month, or nearly two pounds a week. Tough to do unless you drive yourself into the ground. Plus having trouble controlling your eating habits. Your motivation can only come from within; nothing anyone says or does can magically turn you into a weight burning, low-cal eating machine. Take it easy, get into the habit of planning your meals, exercising regularly, and it will fall off slowly but surely. And definitely a lot faster than it was gained.
  • jasmine_sheppard
    jasmine_sheppard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Might have been a good idea to have started a month or two ago.

But good luck. Should be possible.

How much weight do you have to lose.

Like are you 130 pounds and trying to get to 110 or are you 330 pounds trying to get to 310?

My understanding the closer to a healthy weight the harder it is to lose weight, less wiggle room, less opportunity to create the deficit without eating unhealthily little.
  • JeffMartin2
    Options
    Thats my birthday too lol
    that is why that is my goal date
  • JeffMartin2
    Options
    I am 180 want to get to my "ideal" weight of 155 to 160
    I realize that its going to be extremely hard and that the greatest motivation comes from within but I have noone that I consider as friends that will support me because they are too wrapped up in their own lives. But thats a whole different story.....
    Thank you for responding and for the well wishes. They are truly appreciated.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    easily possible