Sugar

Options
Aggy23
Aggy23 Posts: 3 Member
What is the best thing when you really need a sugar hit? So used to drinking energy drinks. I have water with diluating juice its not helping the craving tho. Any suggestions xx

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever sugar thing it is that I'm craving, within my calories.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Vanilla bean ice cream with fresh blueberrys does the trick for me.
    If I don't have the calorie budget then an apple or banana is a close second.
    On a hot day nothing beats a cold juicy naval orange.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If it's during the day, I usually try to just chew some gum. That usually does it. If I still have a craving after dinner, I'll have a fudgesicle or a Yasso greek yogurt Popsicle
  • Annalisamaria96
    Annalisamaria96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best remedy for a sugar hit is greek yogurt with granola or if I want to treat myself, frozen yogurt but I try to stay with one flavor with fruit as my toppings. Obviously after a good rugby game I'll go with the team for ice cream, but unlike in the fall I try to avoid that after EVERY game.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Depends on where I am. If I am at home, I might make a cup of tea and add a little sugar or a slice of toast with cinnamon sugar on top. If I am out and about, I might buy a single cookie or donut or something, depending on what calories I have left for the day. (I pre-log my meals so I have an idea what I have left for snacks)
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Coconut chips! I eat Dang coconut chips sprinkled on fresh berries when I want a sweet hit. That way I can satisfy my sweet tooth, eat something crunchy AND healthy AND delicious, and be satisfied =)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you have been drinking lots of energy drinks, are you sure it's the sugar, not the caffeine?

If I want to perk up and am not avoiding caffeine, coffee or tea (I like them black, but lots of people add sugar --a tsp of sugar has few calories).

Fruit also works great for me, or a greek yogurt (you can get the sweet flavored ones). I also really enjoy a homemade trail mix that's just nuts and dried cherries.

Protein bars.

Some sort of sugary treat that you would enjoy in a portion that fits into your calories. (This is not really where my mind goes when I think of trying to get energy in a regular day, though, because I don't find it lasts all that long.)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm sort of with lemurcat on this one after rereading your post. Because the energy drinks did it for you, but the fruit juice didn't, it sounds more like you got a hit from caffeine than sugar.

As for when I want something sweet? I don't really crave sweets any more, but even when I did, if I wanted cookies, having ice cream wouldn't do... you know? I still eat sweets, I just don't... think about them.

Anyway, if you don't want to drink the energy drinks, try drinking tea or green tea. Add a little sugar or honey if you'd like. There's nothing wrong with caffeine. I'm a beast without my two generous cups in the morning!
  • Aggy23
    Aggy23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys xx
  • jeanniesaragosa
    jeanniesaragosa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great suggestions... thanks so much everyone :smile: