Do You See the Same You Others See?

Options
Do you see yourself the same as others see you or do you see yourself differently?
I ask that, because I hear often hear from others that I look so different already after losing 58 lbs and I see myself as looking some smaller but still heavy.

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Do you see yourself the same as others see you or do you see yourself differently?
    I ask that, because I hear often hear from others that I look so different already after losing 58 lbs and I see myself as looking some smaller but still heavy.

I am the opposite...I've lost 52 pounds and no one has really said a thing and I've gone from a size 20 to a 14, not too drastic of a change but damn I'm proud of those 52 pounds and it sucks because noone is saying anything. Maybe the next 50 they will notice.
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Greenmonsterg,
    Going from a 20 to a 14 is pretty awesome! CONGRATS!
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely. A lot of people claim I'm too skinny and I need to eat more, but I still see the same person that still has a few pounds to shed.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm almost certain I have a warped image of myself. I've taken to asking my husband "Am I as big as her?" when we go out and he almost always looks at me like I'm slow and says "No way." I guess I need to start picking smaller women when I ask that so I can finally get a real idea. :)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I see myself as being a bit on the heavy side but those around me see different but that is because most of them are bigger than I am.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm not far enough into my weight loss yet, but I know I have a completely different perspective of myself than others see me unfortunately... hoping some confidence kicks in as I really start losing the pounds :tongue:
  • KatLR2013
    KatLR2013 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that it depends on the people around you. I think some don't feel like they should say anything because they don't want you feeling bad for the fact that you were heavy. But in reality it makes us feel good when people do notice.

I've lost 40 and I notice it majorly, and now others are too.
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference from when I first started to now, but now that I'm "smaller" I don't see the differences. I can tell a difference in my clothes though. So I guess that's a start.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference from when I first started to now, but now that I'm "smaller" I don't see the differences. I can tell a difference in my clothes though. So I guess that's a start.

I see a really big difference! You're doing great!!
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 90 pounds. From 240-150 a size 22 to a size 6. People think I am thin, say things that make me believe that they think I am thin, but not too thin, just ya know, enough I guess. I, however, do not feel this way. I thought my goal weight was 140 and I haven't even made it to that weight but I feel like it's not going to be ok. I still eat normally and exercise, and I don't think I'm fat or anything, I just don't feel as thin as others make me feel.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can say I definately do not. I felt so terrible today. i hated the way I looked in the mirror and hated even leaving my house byt i had to go to meet my cousin.I did what i always do when i feel bad - i put on red. In this instance it was a red dress. I left feeling awful and dragged my feet. Regardless. I met my cousin, feeling self concious and loathing myself.

Within 25 minutes i had 6 different people approach me to tell me how beautiful i looked and how lovely my dress was. Then, about 10 minutes after that I had a fashion photographer from a well known blog approach me to put me on their blog.

I still felt terrible, and obviously didnt see what others saw today.
  • oceanbreeze22
    Options
    I see the difference and you look great!
  • oceanbreeze22
    Options
    I see it in my face and some in my body just not as major as others around me say I look. I feel better and I exercise everyday the best I can for my body. I have not figured how to move photo's from my profile to my post here to see what you see as different.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes the mind to catch up. I have lost 42 pounds and sometimes feel like it is nothing. My boyfriend has lost 50 pounds and every day I look at him and think wow you look amazing. I think we are sometimes harder on ourselves.
    Keep up the good work you are doing great.