Motivation to run again

Options
So, back in February I decided to start training for a 5k. I recruited two work friends to run with me 2 days a week after work. One dropped out of our runs after a few weeks, but my other friend and I trained up until my 5k (April 28) when she had to move on (she was my intern). I ran the 5k with my 9-year old daughter, and since then, I have been completely unmotivated to run. I was a little disappointed that my run was VERY slow...my time was just over 41 minutes. However, I had not yet run a complete 5k until that day. We ran almost the entire thing, with just some walking after my daughter fell and cut her knee. I know she was bummed that our time was so slow, because her time in her first 5k in December was 31 minutes!

The weather is so much hotter now, and I find myself getting worn out during a run so much faster. I am preparing to move to Okinawa, Japan in less than 2 months, and the weather there is even hotter and more humid than here in NC. Does anyone have any words of advice to get myself accustomed to the warm, humid weather? I am planning to start running in the early mornings as soon as the school year is done. I am hopeful that will help a little.