Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Treats for losing weight

Chezzie84
Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone.

I am writing a list of things to treat myself with when I lose a stone (14lb). I have about 5 stone to lose.

So far I have the following:

Facial
Massage
Get Nails Done
Get Hair Done
New Speedo Swimsuit
New Workout Outfit
Buy a nice dress and go out for dinner at a nice restaurant
Pandora Charm for my bracelet (This one is for when I reach my goal weight).

Can anyone suggest anything else?
Preferably not food treats.

Replies

• AKM0282
    AKM0282 Posts: 36 Member
    New workout shoes.
    Night at the movies.
    You got a lot I would have said lol
  • Chezzie84
    Thank you
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Bubble bath
    Earings and accessories
    Fancy yoga mat
    Fancy water bottle
    Fancy underwear!!
    New nail polish or make up
    spa day
    massage
    Tattoo - that's my reward for my goal weight :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Mine is being able to fit back into the clothes I used to fit into! It doesn't sound like much of a 'treat' but it definitely is to me.

Once I reach my final goal weight, I want to dye my hair bright purple or blue or something-I think i'll have the confidence then to pull it off :)

It's difficult for me to think of 'treats' that don't involve food :p
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    -Expensive beauty products! When I hit my goal weight, I'm getting the urban decay Naked II palette. A nice lipstick (mac) can also be around $15, great for a weight loss treat.
    -Expensive bath products! I love LUSH products. They sell bath bombs that fizzle and smell amazing if you like baths. Personally, I love their massage bars and skin massage can improve skin moisture, circulation, and (I want to think) elasticity.
    -Nice shoes! Depending on how close you are to your goal, you might want to be careful, since feet can shrink.
    -Tech toys, like a new camera, better external harddrive, eReader.
    -Workout accessories, like a pull-up bar, pull up assist bands, ultra lux yoga mat (I got a poofy one that's so poofy I could take a nap on it), yoga towel,
  • Chezzie84
    These are all great :) Thank you :)
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    ... I don't associate treats with weightloss. I associate them with fitness goals. The weightloss is just a bonus that happens because I'm being active.

I get new running shoes every 300 miles.
    I get a new treadmill after I have done 10k steps 5 days a week for a year.
    I get new dumbbells every time my OHP goes up 5 lbs.
    When I get my first fencing award, I'll probably buy myself a new sword.

Etc. Etc.
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Great topic, and great ideas. I was just trying to come up with a reward for 2 weeks of sticking to it. I am gonna buy a heart rate monitor stop watch. At the one month mark I will get a massage.